opengl problems Nvidia

mypanasonic

mypanasonic

i've had to rollback the last 3 updates from Nvidia

as the new drivers since release of the new RX range seem to have broken opengl 

on a number of programs. Retroarch been the worst ! I currently have issues when playing any content in emby theater. 

I have no error logs as its more of a glitch then a error 

for instance pressing the volume up / down keys on the keyboard seems to remove HDR ? and give the screen graphical glitches. Screen pixel blocking and very high contrast changes. pressing the volume key again resets the screen back to HDR dolby Vision picture mode. 

im currently using a GTX1080 

As mentioned rolling back the driver to end of September seems to stop the issues     

Guest asrequested

I'm assuming you are talking about Theater for desktop? If yes, that's more of an ffmpeg issue. I can possibly help you with that. But if you're talking about the store app, that's different. I have a GTX 1060 and I can play everything just fine, but I've made a lot of tweaks.

mypanasonic

yeah sorry nvdec (copyback)

testing it 

everything works fine until you select opengl highend profile

it then seems to break and by that i mean it wont work again even when de-selecting opengl highend profile

only way i can get it to work again is by uninstalling, and removing appdata remains then re-installing

i have tried mvp (standalone) with highend profile enabled in config

and it runs fine and channel switches are instant.    

Edited by mypanasonic

Guest asrequested

Oh that's what you're talking about. That's just a quick scaling option. You don't want to use that with the other scaling options. It's misleading. It's not opengl, it's opengl scalers.

Guest asrequested

A lot of those UI options should be removed. A lot of people are getting confused on how to use them. Any power user can use them in an mpv.conf, if they really want to use them.

Edited by Doofus

Guest asrequested

The opengl API may not even be used. There's an auto selection that mpv makes behind the scenes. There is a way to control all of that. That's what I do.