Fastforward Scrubbing

jmassaro87

• 4 weeks later...
superdonpan

As many have already stated this is one of those basic functionalities that is quite dire in need for Emby. It just takes forever to FF as it is right now.

Some have suggested the thumbnails feature which I agree  would be very nice. But as a start the "one click to jump once, two clicks for x2, three times for x3, four for x4" etc etc approach would still be light years better and make it possible to FF when needed. Alternatively the "hold down to increase FF speed" would also be great.

When people write that they're voting for this suggestion, do you mean likeing the original post or am I missing something?

e2zippo

Yeah, this is so needed, it's huge pain in the ass to FF on at least the LG app right now. We were watching a movie and then stopped / paused, and for some reason the resume point didn't work so the movie restarted, and we were about a 1,10h into the movie, and it took maybe 10 minutes to get to that point again, it's ridiculous! Please prioritize this! Preferably make like in Kodi, it works really good!

• 3 months later...
rbjtech

If you have the LG Magic remote - you simply point and click/scrub on the play line to where you want to go and click.  It rapidly displays the time and thumbnails before you click,  so it's easy (and quick) to navigate anywhere you like  ...  In this regard, it's better than the Android navigation imo.

I don't think the remotes are that expensive and will make general TV navigation far easier, not just emby.

I'm pretty sure they are compatible with new(ish) LG TV's (mine is from 2018) but double check before you purchase one.

https://www.lg.com/uk/tv-accessories/lg-mr20ga

Edited by rbjtech

e2zippo
On 6/4/2021 at 6:09 PM, rbjtech said:

If you have the LG Magic remote - you simply point and click/scrub on the play line to where you want to go and click.  It rapidly displays the time and thumbnails before you click,  so it's easy (and quick) to navigate anywhere you like  ...  In this regard, it's better than the Android navigation imo.

I don't think the remotes are that expensive and will make general TV navigation far easier, not just emby.

I'm pretty sure they are compatible with new(ish) LG TV's (mine is from 2018) but double check before you purchase one.

https://www.lg.com/uk/tv-accessories/lg-mr20ga

That's one solution I suppose, not sure how keen the girlfriend is to buy another remote just for Emby though, would be nice to see a better scrubbing alternative implemented.