Backdrop images not saved in library?

chowbok
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

chowbok

Okay, I guess I'm confused. When I add a "Primary" image to a TV episode, it saves it in the library as episodefilename-thumb.png. Great, that's what I want. But when I add a "Background" image, it saves it to /var/lib/emby/metadata/library/[something]/[something]/backdrop.png. Is this intentional? Seems strange that the behavior would be so different depending on the image type.

If that is intentional, you might want to delete the line in the "Backup" wiki page that says "The only two folder [sic] in metadata you don't need are library and views." I've been spending a lot of time adding backdrops and I would have been upset if I hadn't been backing them up based on that advice.

• Solution

At this time TV episodes do not have a local file name for backdrops. We've only ever had single primary images for episodes, so that's why this is happening. Typically you would set the backdrop at season or series level.

• Like 1

Ahhh.... I guess I missed the fact that you were trying to specify a backdrop for a single episode.  Yeah, I never even thought of that..

• 1 month later...
chowbok

Hmm. Well, I lost my backdrop images anyway, even though they're still in the filesystem. Looks like they got dropped from the database at some point. This is frustrating, as I spent quite a bit of time adding those. Luke, any way the backdrop image locations could be written to the .nfo files, at least, even if the images themselves aren't saved to the season directories? I assume that would have prevented this from happening.