Skipping to Titles using letter (remote, or keyboard)

pixsoul

pixsoul

Hi There,

I use media browser classic in WMC but I'm trying out Media Browser Theater at the moment. It looks good, but one massive WAF negative is that when your browsing movie or tv series titles, you can't seem to jump to a title name by typing it in, like you can in MB Classic in WMC. Is there a way to turn this feature on...or doesn't it exist?

Thanks

pmac

For now, there is a search function in the top right of the screen, which indexes your entire library at once.

pixsoul

Thanks luke, sounds good of it's coming...a surprises ingle high WAF rides in this little feature ;-).

Thanks pmac, I've tried this however I have 2 issues with it: 1, it's slower and requires a lot more key presses to end up where you want. 2, as you say, it indexes the entire library, which is great...but...when I've navigated into TV series, the results for the area I'm in get drowned out with lots of my music entries. It would be great if when you searched within one of your folders/collections, that it defaulted to searching within that folder/collection; not the entire library. I understand the search feature is quite new though, just some UX suggestions.

I'll just continue using mb classic for the meantime.

Thanks.

pmac

Thanks pmac, I've tried this however I have 2 issues with it: 1, it's slower and requires a lot more key presses to end up where you want. 2, as you say, it indexes the entire library, which is great...but...when I've navigated into TV series, the results for the area I'm in get drowned out with lots of my music entries. It would be great if when you searched within one of your folders/collections, that it defaulted to searching within that folder/collection; not the entire library. I understand the search feature is quite new though

I agree with you on the search feature. Unfortunately that's all we have right now to "quickly" get to a specific title. I find I haven't had any need to use it yet, and that manually scrolling through the titles seems easier/more intuitive.

I'm sure we'll have our proper keyboard/remote search back soon enough though! The developers are more concerned with getting a stable product that runs smoothly right now though, and I agree with them.

I'm sure once MBT get's a full RC we'll see lots of bells and whistles popping up :)

pixsoul

Yeah, fair enough on concentrating on making it stable. Can't wait for the feature though, and to relinquish my dependence on WMC to enjoy the more feature rich MB3! :)