Colossal memory leak

BillOatman

BillOatman

I was watching iptv and channel surfing.  Streams were playing perfectly.  At one point I watched one recording of a TV show.  Everything perfect.  Then the stream stopped, and my shield was unable to get any guide info from the server.  I remoted into the server and the response was horrifically slow, memory usage was pegged as you can see in the attached image.  It was actually over 90% when task manager first came up.

I had to kill the emby server with task manager, then restart. It has been fine after the restart.  I have attached the log.  There are a bunch of exceptions near the bottom.

5bece408b0e3e_embymemoryleak.jpg

emby log.txt

Edited by BillOatman

BillOatman

How many live tv channels do you have?

100-150

2 DVRs, 1 hdhomerun (10 or so channels) and 1 IPTV.

I had not watched any of the homerun channels, only IPTV.

And I had only one client ruining last night, a shield,

Edited by BillOatman

Strange. Nothing crazy there. Can you try disabling the server's dlna features and then restart the server and see if it happens again? Thanks.

BillOatman

Strange. Nothing crazy there. Can you try disabling the server's dlna features and then restart the server and see if it happens again? Thanks.

I can and will.  But this is the first time it has ever happened.  Just to be sure, follow the instructions here for turning off, correct?

https://www.isunshare.com/windows-10/turn-on-or-off-media-streaming-in-windows-10.html

Happy2Play

I can and will.  But this is the first time it has ever happened.  Just to be sure, follow the instructions here for turning off, correct?

https://www.isunshare.com/windows-10/turn-on-or-off-media-streaming-in-windows-10.html

No that is for Windows. Emby's DLNA server option is Dashboard-DLNA-Enable Dlna server

BillOatman

No that is for Windows. Emby's DLNA server option is Dashboard-DLNA-Enable Dlna server

Even easier, glad I asked.  Thanks.

BillOatman

So nothing unusual about the exceptions in the log?

Well this one you won't see anymore with the next release

2018-11-14 20:22:42.951 Error App: Error receiving udp message
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.5.3.0
	Command line: C:\Users\woatm\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll -noautorunwebapp
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	User Interactive: True
	Processor count: 12
	Program data path: C:\Users\woatm\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata
	Application directory: C:\Users\woatm\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
	System.InvalidOperationException: EndReceiveFrom can only be called once for each asynchronous operation.
	   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.EndReceiveFrom(IAsyncResult asyncResult, EndPoint& endPoint)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Net.UdpSocket.EndReceive(IAsyncResult result)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Udp.UdpServer.OnReceiveResult(IAsyncResult result)
	System.InvalidOperationException
	   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.EndReceiveFrom(IAsyncResult asyncResult, EndPoint& endPoint)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Net.UdpSocket.EndReceive(IAsyncResult result)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Udp.UdpServer.OnReceiveResult(IAsyncResult result)

And then a couple others are due to requests to your iptv urls either timing out or being rejected by their server.

• Like 1