Emby playback lagging on Snapdragon 820

Macieksoft

Macieksoft

Some shows, mostly anime are lagging when be being played on my lgg6. X264 and x265 10 bit movies at higher bit rates are playing fine though. Super 8 plays flawlessly while fairy tail stutters and the app begins to lag. Reinstalling the app did not help and when I downgraded I lost the ability to scroll in the app (maybe downgraded to far) .

post-355750-0-66853100-1542236419_thumb.png

post-355750-0-82040900-1542236433_thumb.png

Macieksoft

So this is low bitrate 10-bit h264?

Yes, I have attached the codec information. This file plays fine through Emby theater (windows) and through my browser (chrome). I can test it on a fire tv (3rd gen) and though vlc on my phone if you need.

5becf12795516_Capture001.png

Macieksoft

Are the subtitles enabled?

Yes they are, is still lags though when disabled. Some scenes are fine but as soon as it runs into a scene where it starts to lag it continues though the rest of episode. The scenes that cause it to lag have large amounts of moving textures and higher detail. 

Hmm, all I can think of is that perhaps hardware acceleration failed for that file and it switched to decoding in software.

Macieksoft

Hmm, all I can think of is that perhaps hardware acceleration failed for that file and it switched to decoding in software.

hmm im assuming external players still work, ill try to use MX player or VLC and see if I run into any issues. 

Macieksoft

So it ended up being that most devices dont support x264 10bit :( Lgg6,google pixle,galaxy s8, ect dont support it. Seems like only new gen phones (with 10bit displays like the lgg7 support it)

Thanks for the feedback. We should look at detecting this so that we can have the server transcode it when not supported.