Is there a way to create media folders in the back-end?

adelsberger

adelsberger

Hello dear Emby community,

I am somewhat new to emby and I am wondering, if there's a way to create folders in the server back-end where I can upload media files into? And I don't mean declarign a path to a local library. Or is that already a thing and I just missed something? And if it's not, will it be implemented in the future?

Also I apologize if there is already another forum thread, similar to this one. But I coudn't find one that exactly adresses my question.

Thanks ahead,

Timm

Hi.  I'm not sure what you are asking but you simply point Emby to the folders where your media resides and, as you add new media to those locations, Emby will see it.

Does that answer your question?

Library setup

adelsberger

Hello ebr,

I simply want that another user is able to create a subfolder that will be saved on the Server. Imagine that 50 different people have access to my image folder that is saved on Emby and they all want to create a subfolder with their name in it where they can save their own images without me having to create those 50 folders on my own and point emby to it.

Yes, you can do that using normal file system controls but none of the Emby apps have the ability to create new media folders in your file system.

So, you could point a library to say \\server\pictures and then your users could create folders like \\server\pictures\tom and put their pictures in there and they would then be discovered and displayed by Emby apps.

adelsberger

but none of the Emby apps have the ability to create new media folders in your file system.

Ah okay, that is the feature I meant. I'll think of a way to work around that then. Thanks for your time ebr!

But then there's also the camera upload feature, if you want to upload pics from mobile devices.

There you can enable the option to create a folder for each device that uploads pictures.

But I can't get into details, as I never used that feature.

Ciao, Alfred

• Like 1