Can't connect via LAN from Android app, but no problems with browser

williamdosa

williamdosa

I just set up an Emby server on my NAS after being fed up with Plex. Everything went very smoothly, and I was actually able to get started using it via the Samsung TV app in under 10 minutes.

The problem is that I can't connect via the Android app, and I haven't been able to figure out why. I'm only using this via LAN, and every device on my network is able to use the web browser version of Emby without any issues. The Samsung TV app even works, and as a bonus, it was able to detect the NAS's IP address without me even needing to enter it.

All necessary ports used by Emby have been allowed through my NAS's firewall, and since I'm not even trying to connect via WAN, none of my local traffic goes through my restricted router firewall. Everything should have a direct connection.

I'm not really sure why I'm able to connect to Emby via the browser - even from the same Android phone I'm trying to use - and yet the Android app mysteriously will not work. When trying to connect from the Android app, I see an error that says "Connection failed. We're unable to connect to the selected server right now. Please ensure it is running and try again."

It fails immediately too, so it's almost as if it's not attempting to connect at all. Has anyone encountered this before? Does anyone have any advice?thegadgetwire.com/kodi thegadgetwire.com/tutuapp thegadgetwire.com/appvalley

Edited by williamdosa