Option to disable logs

Embie

I don't need it, I don't want it, so if you could, add an option to remove it. Yes it's great for people who need help with troubleshooting, but there are individuals, like myself who do not want it, thank you.

It's possible for the future. Keep in mind the server will automatically delete old log files so even now you won't have to worry about doing that. Thanks.

• 3 months later...

If it possible: great

The log-files are very very very very very big. Today I have delete 8 GB Emby-Logs. The biggest logfile was 1.5 GB. And Notepad++ cannot open and says: "Datei zu groß" (File to big). Same at the Editor from Microsoft.

This filesize for logfiles have no sense.

Edited by Momoko

WilhelmStroker

My logs are 32mb in total so there's obviously something going on on your system. You coukd try something like Glogg to open big files.

• 1 month later...
daedalus

files getting so big is a good argument for keeping the log files, cause there is something wrong

but the 2 guys having "problems" seems not to care anymore

here only 4 days of logs are kept with a total size of ~60mb

dzevel5

I must say, it's way better than Plex log files that NEVER stops. Emby stop sometimes but sometimes in the middle of the day it wakes up the device and start to write some logs...

I didn't even turn on Emby or anything on my NAS.

Can you give some examples of things that are appearing repeatedly in the log? Thanks.