Inconsistency when connecting from Emby Cloud vs locally

TiraelSedai

TiraelSedai

Hi.

First difference is the language my admin panel showing in - it's my preference (Russian) vs default (English) via cloud.

When I go to Emby admin panel directly, i.e. via http://localhost:8096/web, I am able to manipulate Hardware transcoding setting - it shows me the full list and settings values are persistent.

However, when I go to admin panel using http://app.emby.media, it only shows Yes\No\Advanced; when I select for example "Yes" and click Save it will show me that it set it to the value. When I set it to advanced, it shows me the empty list. One way or another, if I go another tab and click back to Transcoding, value still would be set to "No".

Also noteworthy that it defaults to "No" even though I have Intel Quick Sync actually selected from the local admin menu.

Sadly, I cannot confirm if it's really working or not since all of my clients are quite new and I don't have anything but x264 and x265 in the media library, but I have the processor that supports it.

UPDATE: I've updated language @ app.emby.media. It was set to Auto so I guess local version managed to grab PC's locale settings, not sure other one wasn't able to do that.

Edited by TiraelSedai

Hi.  Our online web app (app.emby.media) will usually be a little ahead of the release you have installed locally (unless you run beta).

That is why you are seeing differences.

Thanks.

Does that mean you have a bug in the next version that affects the Hardware transcoding setting?

It is a work in progress but, more than likely, it just means that the UI is exposing something in a way that your server version doesn't quite understand yet.

Thanks.