Updating Profile Information for Users

AVTechMan
Go to solution Solved by AVTechMan,

AVTechMan

Hi, I seem to have an issue in updating the profile information in the Emby server. This is the official Emby docker running in unRAID with the latest version 3.5.3.0.

When I try to add a new user, I am able to do so but I am not able to change any other settings nor add a profile picture (even my own). I just constantly see the endless spinning circle and can't do anything else in the profile screen (ratings, parental controls, etc). Everything else, playing media and fetching the data works fine. 

Any help with this?

AVTechMan

Hi Luke, 

I attached a copy of the log....and also a snapshot of the screen I am referring to that has the spinning circle. When I try to click the link at the top nothing happens. 

Emby.txt

post-158-0-89503700-1541993742_thumb.png

AVTechMan

The log looks fine. Does the browser debug console show any errors?

Hi Luke sorry for the delayed response. No the debug console shows no errors. Basically on that screen it just seems to hang with the endless spinning circle whenever I wanted to change the parental settings and setting a profile picture. I will try to keep working at it.

• Solution
AVTechMan

What does the browser debug console show?

Can you screenshot it for us?

Actually, I think I have it solved. I opened the same screen up in the Chrome browser and looks to be working now. The browser I have been using is the Opera browser which I see isn't a common browser compared to IE, Chrome and FF. Not sure why, Opera is just as functional as the others. 

Thanks to you and Luke for offering to help out!

AVTechMan

Oh ok. The only extensions I installed is the uBlock and the Lights Out extension (which turns my browser's dark for night viewing). I did disable the uBlock to see if it will help but no change. Its possible it could be something else.