Compatibility for a 3rd party authentication

Lyfesaver

Lyfesaver

I would like to bring in 3rd party authentication to my Emby web clients, if this is at all possible.

Use fingerprint to log on? Use voice/facial to access adult content/private libraries?

In the end I was wanting to use the software that I designed as the authenticator. It's gesture biometrics but still the same workflow as any other authenticator. Eventually I would like to pass authentication from the biometric from a federated token that was generated.

Is this currently possible? If not (and this is what I expect as this request could be seen as niche) could I get the opinion of @@ebr and @@Luke plus others as to what potential effort would be on this and maybe some pointers as to where to begin. I am thinking it might be better to someone else to work on this and not trouble the Emby team.

Edited by Lyfesaver

mastrmind11

I would like to bring in 3rd party authentication to my Emby web clients, if this is at all possible.

Use fingerprint to log on? Use voice/facial to access adult content/private libraries?

In the end I was wanting to use the software that I designed as the authenticator. It's gesture biometrics but still the same workflow as any other authenticator. Eventually I would like to pass authentication from the biometric from a federated token that was generated.

Is this currently possible? If not (and this is what I expect as this request could be seen as niche) could I get the opinion of @@ebr and @@Luke plus others as to what potential effort would be on this and maybe some pointers as to where to begin. I am thinking it might be better to someone else to work on this and not trouble the Emby team.

Have you checked out the API docs?

• Like 1

mastrmind11

I have looked at https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby/wiki but I am terrible at not overlooking things when it comes to API calls. I have asked a colleague or two to look as well, but have not heard back yet. Was just curious if anyone here knew, as well.

I haven't looked in over a year, but there was and pretty much has to be a way to authenticate via the API or nothing external to the server would work. GL and let us know how you get on.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

PenkethBoy

@@Lyfesaver

See this post (I suggest you read the whole thread as well)  https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/31789-rest-authentication-started-failing-with-build-5886/?p=324107

its in powershell but you could convert to your prefered language easy enough

So if i understand what you want to do - you would add the emby authentication to your front end app

• Like 1

Lyfesaver

Thanks for the heads up and I am going to read the whole thread, altho what I am trying to do is very similar to adding a fingerprint login method to access the Emby web app.

Again, thank you for the link @@PenkethBoy some good stuff there to help understand the Emby auth workflow