Android - Auto Refresh Library

dcol

When new files are added or deleted, the list of TV Shows does not change until the page is exited and re-entered. I have the real-time setting enabled.

Also, changes are not immediate. I timed it and it takes 60-90 seconds to reflect a change in the library. I would like to see the real-time monitoring update more frequently. I set Scheduled Library refreshes to occur every 15 minutes. I would like to see lesser time options like 5 minutes. My library updates in under 5 seconds on a refresh.

Maybe add a refresh option somewhere on the page? And most definitely decrease the real-time monitoring time.

Hi.  Which Android app are you referring to?

Also, it doesn't really make sense to make the system react to changes immediately because, in many instances, changes are made in some sort of bulk - meaning several files added/changed at once.  So, it is best to have the system wait a reasonable period to be sure the changes are complete instead of firing off and cancelling scans continuously.

The one you get from the Google Store.

Ok that makes sense, but also does a refresh button. I shouldn't have to back out of an app just to update the screen. Recordings are happening all the time, and I have no way of knowing what is available.

The TV app does listen to server events for the library changing and will refresh its information based on that.

At this time, it may not be completely hands off but any navigation anywhere should, I believe, cause all content to be fresh.

The only navigation that currently works is to leave the TV Shows category. If you open any item in the category, returning back does not update the screen. What is so hard to just put a refresh button there?

Edited by dcol