TV Show Structure Change?

DigitalFool

DigitalFool

I use MCEBuddy to convert my WMC recordings to MKV and they get auto dumped in the show folder. From there, I manually copy the show into the appropriate season folder (maybe there is an easier way, I don't know). After that, the task gets the thumb and show meta data. Until that is done, it did not show in show library. This worked fine, albeit the extra step.

TV

-Seinfeld

-Season 01

-metadata

S01E02-showname.mkv

Now, I updated to 3.0.5192.19560 and I'm seeing that the show gets the thumb/meta in the root of the show folder without going into season folder. Was it a bug before, or did something change? I don't know off the top of my head what version I had, but it was a release in Feb.

TV

-Seinfeld

-Season 01

-metadata

S01E02-showname.mkv

-metadata

S01E03-showname.mkv

Do I need to even use Season folders anymore?

Koleckai Silvestri

I haven't experienced that. Each season's episodes, metadata and thumbnails are fully contained within the respective respective folder. What is in the Series folder is artwork for the season along with primary and thumbnail images for each season. The Series folder also includes the series.xml file but no others.

If an episode accidentally ends up in the Series folder, the system will probably store its metadata there as well.

Edited by Wayne Luke