Cover art not loading

jmassaro87

jmassaro87

On my 2017 MU8000 tv the cover art is not loading on the app. Previously restarting my server would solve the problem. It’s been this way about 2 weeks. Any recommendations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmassaro87

Hi there, please attach the information requested in how to report a problem. thanks.

Server version 3.5.3.0

Here’s log https://www.dropbox.com/s/yug6x3t361eftd4/Safari%20-%20Nov%208%2C%202018%20at%20716%20PM.pdf?dl=0' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'> https://www.dropbox.com/s/yug6x3t361eftd4/Safari%20-%20Nov%208%2C%202018%20at%20716%20PM.pdf?dl=0

Hi, are you sure you used the samsung app during the time of this log? I don't see any activity from it. Thanks !

jmassaro87

Hi, are you sure you used the samsung app during the time of this log? I don't see any activity from it. Thanks !

Definitely we use it all day everyday. Here’s a new log. We are watching tv from the app right now.

It loads my most recently added movies none of the older movies.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c9gwl1we9sy51mq/Safari%20-%20Nov%208%2C%202018%20at%201008%20PM.pdf?dl=0' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'> https://www.dropbox.com/s/c9gwl1we9sy51mq/Safari%20-%20Nov%208%2C%202018%20at%201008%20PM.pdf?dl=0

post-92335-15417437859886_thumb.jpg

jmassaro87

Can you try reinstalling the app?

I used both the reinstall option and the delete, then install with no change.

About the time not being up to date, thats a bug, i have the same thing.

Next to that, i can reproduce the same thing with not having cover art by removing emby not having the correct rights in the server enviroment following with adding media plus doing a library scan.

In that case all the added media does not have coverart.

F.e. on a ubuntu setup you would need to the complete dir where your media is with "chown -R emby:emby /path/to/folder/".

Doing a second library scan, voila, cover art.

Maybe it will help you out.

• Like 2

emby not having the correct rights in the server enviroment

Yes that will certainly cause a problem.

jmassaro87

Server has been been setup since the “media browser” days. Windows 10 OS. It was working fine until about 2 weeks ago. Interestingly enough, in my genre “animation” that I setup for my kids movies, also our most used genre filter, all are missing except for the 3 newest movies. When in my full list some are there most are not no pattern that I can notice.

jmassaro87

It is also only in the view of all movies, if I select an individual movie, the cover art shows.

jmassaro87

Do you see cover art in the web app?

I see cover art on the iPhone app. It’s just the Samsung app.

post-92335-15418257734846_thumb.jpg

jmassaro87

Any ideas? Having a 3 year pick out a movie without pictures really wearing on my wife... they show up everywhere except for the library views. If I select a movie they are there

Unfortunately I don't have any ideas right now because the two logs you provided did not contain any activity from the Samsung app.

Can you attach a new server log in it's original plain text format, rather than creating a pdf? Maybe part of it is getting chopped. Thanks.

jmassaro87

Unfortunately I don't have any ideas right now because the two logs you provided did not contain any activity from the Samsung app.

Can you attach a new server log in it's original plain text format, rather than creating a pdf? Maybe part of it is getting chopped. Thanks.

Sorry, I was posting from my phone, and being an iPhone i couldnt download the TXT file. Here is a log from about 5 minutes ago. We are currently watching "The Good Dinosaur" through the samsung tv app.

Log.txt

Edited by jmassaro87

Can you try deleting this folder:

C:\Users\hometheater\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\cache\images

Then restart the samsung app. Thanks.

jmassaro87

Can you try deleting this folder:

C:\Users\hometheater\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\cache\images
Then restart the samsung app. Thanks.

That didn’t work completely more are showing now. But, going through my main list of all movies, only the ones that I have in my “animation” genre aren’t displaying.

post-92335-15424738750505_thumb.jpgpost-92335-15424738846396_thumb.jpgpost-92335-15424738949876_thumb.jpg