Scheduled recordings turning off

dcol

For the second time last night I have noticed that Emby turns off scheduled recordings when there are multiple recordings happening at the same time slot.

How many LiveTV recordings can Emby handle at the same time? And why does Emby turn off the recording so it cannot pick up future shows?

In the case last night I had two back to back shows starting at 7PM ending at 9PM. The first show recorded both episodes. The second show recorded the first episode, but turned off the recording so the second one did not record. I had to manually turn on the recording again this morning for that show. And what is worse is Emby used the description metadata from the second show that did not record for the first show that did. I checked the XML and it was correct.

I also have been finding random shows that had the recording button turned gray and not turned on.

All shows are set to record new episodes only and the shows in question are all flagged as new. And work as soon as I manually turn the recording back on.

What could be causing this?

Edited by dcol

I may have some more info on this issue. It seems that also some new shows are set to record new episodes and are not turned on. Now in the case of my example, I have more than one channel with the same broadcast from a different provider. Maybe Emby is getting confused with the same named shows on different channels?

In the example, pic1 shows that this show is set to record new shows. Pic2 shows it is not set to record this show, but set to record the series and pic3 shows it is flagged as new, but not set to record.

Please explain this. By the way the other channel showing the same episode at the same time, is NOT set to record as you can see in pic4.

But the same show this Friday does show as set to record. The one that is not set to record plays on 11/16

'Number of days of guide data to download' is set to 14

pic1

5be46338bd3ff_pic1.jpg

pic2

5be4635457315_pic2.jpg

Pic3

5be463769d8ea_pic3.jpg

pic4

5be463979c2ea_pic4.jpg

Edited by dcol

Figured out why the later shows didn't set to record. It is because the show was set to start 'around 7PM' and the following week it starts at 9PM. But that doesn't explain the second of two shows that  turned off recording. That show was set to 'Anytime'

Here is a new one. I want to record a show that's on every weekday at 8PM and shown in the guide as new. If I setup a series recording it only has the recording on for 3 days. After that it shows as not recording. Emby has labeled the show as new and even if I set it to record all episodes it only gets the next three shows. I have tested a few other daily shows and they seem to work fine, so what's up with that? You can't blame the XML data because the guide listing shows  the series recording is on for every show but they are not set to record.

I tried turning off the series recording and reapplying it and it may pick up one show in the following week, next time I do the same thing, it picks up different days. Using the same XML and metadata, it is not consistent as to how it sets up recordings for this one show.

Is there a way to solve this issue also?

[uPDATE] Even tried with different XML data with the same result. Just this one show. If I try the show before or after this one on the same channel, it is fine. Regardless of the XML data.

Simple question -

How does Emby determine if a show should be part of a series recording? Can't be the channel, time, title, or 'New' label. They are all the same.

[uPDATE] Just tried the same schedule on NextPVR with the exact same XML file and it picked up every day for this show for recording. Emby must not be looking at all the correct fields for determining when to turn on record for a series recording. Until they fix this bug I will record this show from NextPVR.

Edited by dcol

Probably because in the xml they have the same show id, in which case the server assumes they are the same content.

I am using the EXACT same XML with Emby as NextPVR. There are quite a few shows that Emby cannot handle correctly. Any show without an actual S/E is one example. I have started using NextPVR again for these shows which puts them nicely in the Emby library. Now they are handled correctly.

What Emby does is create folder names with the recorded date info appended to the file name. This makes matching metadata impossible and causes them to create a new icon with no metadata for every episode of the same show. NextPVR creates the folders correctly and all the correct metadata is retrieved allowing shows to contain multiple episodes. The actual file names are not the issue, the way the filename is constructed by Emby to create the folders is.

Edited by dcol

After a record from Emby, the folder structure would look like this

C:\My Library\The Dead Files 2018_11_01_19_00_00 - Revealed  Dead Files Special Investigation - Lizzie Borden House - SE00 -\Season\The Dead Files 2018_11_01_19_00_00 - Revealed  Dead Files Special Investigation - Lizzie Borden House - SE00 -.ts

Second episode

C:\My Library\The Dead Files 2018_11_01_19_00_02 - Revealed  Dead Files Special Investigation - Scary House - SE00 -\Season\The Dead Files 2018_11_01_19_00_02 - Revealed  Dead Files Special Investigation - Scary House - SE00 -.ts

Both would be viewed as different shows and would get no metadata. So you would have two blank image shows in your library.

NextPVR sends the recorded shows via this structure.

C:\My Library\The Dead Files\Season\The Dead Files 2018_11_01_19_00_00 - Revealed  Dead Files Special Investigation - Lizzie Borden House - SE00 -.ts

Second Episode

C:\My Library\The Dead Files\Season\The Dead Files 2018_11_01_19_00_02 - Revealed  Dead Files Special Investigation - Scary House - SE00 -.ts

So they group together and get correct metadata.

I can send the XML as soon as a new one records, but here is a sample(without the desc tag)

<programme start="20181109030000 +0000" stop="20181109040000 +0000" channel="EPG123.59303.schedulesdirect.org">
    <title>The Dead Files</title>
    <sub-title>Revealed: Dead Files Special Investigation - Lizzie Borden House</sub-title>
    <credits>
      <producer>Jim Casey</producer>
      <producer>David E. Gerber</producer>
      <presenter>Steve DiSchiavi</presenter>
      <presenter>Amy Allan</presenter>
    </credits>
    <date>20181108</date>
    <category>Reality</category>
    <category>Paranormal</category>
    <language>en</language>
    <icon src="https://s3.amazonaws.com/schedulesdirect/assets/p8787545_b_v5_at.jpg"/>
    <episode-num system="dd_progid">EP01445538.0183</episode-num>
    <episode-num system="original-air-date">2018-11-08 20:00:13</episode-num>
    <video>
      <quality>HDTV</quality>
    </video>
    <new />
    <subtitles type="teletext" />
    <rating system="VCHIP">
      <value>TV-PG</value>
    </rating>
    <rating system="USA Parental Rating">
      <value>TVPG</value>