Question about locally stored posters

williamdosa

williamdosa
I'm considering a switch from Plex, where I'm used to every TV and movie folder containing a poster.jpg and fanart.jpg.

Poster obviously being for the movie/show, and the fanart being used as a background in the UI, and shown while loading the video. In the season folders for shows I also had seasonXX.jpg.

Am I correct in assuming that Emby stores all posters in the main folder, and the following order?

poster.jpg - main poster

seasonXX.jpg - season poster

logo.jpg - shown in the show info

landscape.jpg - shown in the dashboard

Not sure where clearart.jpg and banner.jpg are used, maybe other clients than the web UI?

Not sure if Emby uses fanart.jpg at all? Saw a glimpse of it when playing an episode, but not sure.

Assuming all content has these things, should Emby import it, or will it try to download new ones?

Edited by williamdosa

• 1 month later...
Chyron

Is it possible for Emby to allow local storage of multiple posters? Like, if I found a poster on the web, or else photoshopped one myself, and wanted to store it with the media but didn't want to overwrite other existing locally stored posters. Can I do that?

Plex addresses this by allowing poster-1.ext, poster-2.ext, etc.

In this way, I can keep local copies of different posters, so when I feel like changing them I don't have to go looking for the other one I also liked.

5c250afa7ebee_Capture.png

DgXQ7qJ.png

Edited by chyron8472