BUG: Server needs restart after channel timeout

BillOatman

BillOatman

Hello:  I have the emby server running on windows and a nvidia shield client.  This is a pretty reproducible problem for me.  

I select a IPTV channel and the "wait" donut spins on the screen for 30 seconds or so them times out with the message unable to play channel at this time. No matter what channel I go to after that, it times out every time.  Including a channel that I know is working.  I can cycle the client, reboot the shield, and this still happens.  The only thing that clears the situation is restarting the emby server.  Then the known good channel plays fine.

I have a debug log that is just calling up a known good channel while it is in this timed-out state that I can send to someone to have a look, or attach it here.

I can get a log of the callup of the bad channel that causes the problem as well if it would help.

Thanks.

Edited by BillOatman

• 3 weeks later...
BillOatman

It is transient.  It happens, then if I try and go to the channel after a server restart it will work.  Then happen again later on another channel.  It happened once last night and tends to happen more on weekends I believe.  It happens before the stream starts playing.  I'll grab the log the next time it happens.  I can try and get the stream at that time with vlc if that would be helpful.  Is that what you mean by test stream, or a link?  A link would likely be working by time you saw my post/

Yea i was curious if you had a sample stream i could use for debugging that this happens frequently with. Thanks.