App won't remember user credentials/auto-login

coolsaber57

coolsaber57

Hello,

I've been having an issue with the Android TV Emby app where it is unable to auto-login for one of my users with a password.

Previously I had no password, but I am exposing it now to the internet so I can watch it outside the home, but I do not want to have to enter a password every time for the app on my Nvidia Shield connected to my family room TV.

I have set the option to auto-login my user, and have un-checked the "Prompt for password" option.

What happens now if I haven't used the app (e.g. watching Netflix and coming back to Emby):

1. Open Emby App, loading spinner spins, fails

2. User screen is presented with my users

3. Select my typical user, am prompted with password.

4. Enter password, login.

I selected "Send Logs to developer" last night right after this happened. User: Wolfe Family. 

Am I missing something? I don't have to log into my Android app all the time like this, why do I have to do this for my Android TV app?

Edited by coolsaber57

mastrmind11

Hello,

I've been having an issue with the Android TV Emby app where it is unable to auto-login for one of my users with a password.

Previously I had no password, but I am exposing it now to the internet so I can watch it outside the home, but I do not want to have to enter a password every time for the app on my Nvidia Shield connected to my family room TV.

I have set the option to auto-login my user, and have un-checked the "Prompt for password" option.

What happens now if I haven't used the app (e.g. watching Netflix and coming back to Emby):

I selected "Send Logs to developer" last night right after this happened. User: Wolfe Family. 

Am I missing something? I don't have to log into my Android app all the time like this, why do I have to do this for my Android TV app?

I've had this happen to me in the past.  I can't recall if reinstalling the app or simply toggling the setting a couple times fixed it.

kanipek

Hello,

Try clearing the cache and data for the app on the Shield. That worked for me.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Did the password change?  Or, if you just added a password that would be a change too.

Just set the option to show the login screen and log in as you wish, then go re-set the option to automatically log in.

Let us know if that does it.

coolsaber57

Did the password change?  Or, if you just added a password that would be a change too.

Just set the option to show the login screen and log in as you wish, then go re-set the option to automatically log in.

Let us know if that does it.

I just added a password.  I'll try that tonight and update this thread tomorrow, thank you.