Live TV streaming test.

clarkss12

clarkss12
Interesting observation about the Ematic Jetstream 4K Ultra.  While watching the election results on the PBS station (I am 99% positive it is broadcast in 1080i), the bottom streamer is very telling.  Since the streamer is constant and going from right to left, I could test for micro stutters.

To set the basis, I watched the same channel with my antenna lead going directly into my Samsung 65" 4K TV and the streamer **flowed** flawlessly (like butter :)).  So, with that image embedded into my memory bank, I then checked the **streamer**, using both my HDHomeRun app and my Emby app.  Both servers are using my Connect tuner.

Using the HDHomeRun native app running on my Jetstream, there is a constant micro **jerkiness??**, but you have to be looking for it.

Tested it on my Xiaomi Mibox running on a different TV and same results as the the test on the Jetstream.

Tested it on my Main Windows PC and it seems to flow very smoothly. 

Tested on my Tronsmart Ara X5, a $100 microPC, and had similar results as the Jetstream.

Using the Emby app running on my Jetstream, the **ticker tape**, is almost perfect, a very, very slight jerkiness every few seconds.  Emby stats for nerds says the video is direct played.

Not sure why, but the Emby app running on different devices the **ticker tape** seems to run ALMOST flawlessly, not sure why.