This is the central thread about new ideas for features of XBMB3C. All constructive ideas are welcome!
Current ToDo/Issues List:
- Support for (movie) special features (discussed <here>)
- Movie informations from context menu (suggested <here>)
- Additional art for playitem (discussed <here>)
- Actor images (discussed <here>)
- Backgrounds for recently added content (discussed <here>)
- Additional ListItem properties for TV shows (discussed <here>)
- Support for extra fanart (discussed <here>)
- Support for TV Tunes (discussed <here>)
- Constant names for default sections
The new constant names for default nodes can be seen <here>
Original suggestions from this thread:
1. Constant names for default sections
to access XBMB3C nodes from the sub menu in the home screen which works good. The only problem: The changes I make to a skin will only work on my setup because everyone has a different amount of media folders. In my case, xbmb3c.6 is "Recently added movies" (because i have 6 MB3 media folders which are xbmb3c.0-5). Another problem ist that if I add or remove a media folder on the server, all the numbers change by 1 and all sub menues are messed up.
The suggestion: Would it be possible to give constant names to the default entries and only use integers for the media folders so it would look something like this in my setup:
xbmb3c.0 (media folder 1, e.g. TV Shows)
xbmb3c.1 (media folder 2, e.g. Animation)
xbmb3x.x (last media folder)
This would make it a lot easier to pre-configure modded skins to work on different setups
2. Actor images
I don't know if it is possible because I don't really know how XBMC handles those, but since the actor names are provided by XBMB3C it would be really nice to also have the images show up.
Edited by tube82, 22 May 2014 - 02:32 PM.