Set recording folder to one outside of library

dcol

I would like for Emby to be able to send recorded shows to a folder of my choice that is NOT scanned by the library.

Reason - I use a third party program to reencode the recorded shows, then move them to the library folder. Right now Emby thinks there are two versions of the same show in two folders because Emby's library is scanning the recorded folder also. There should be a library option to not scan the recorded folder.

• Like 1

I would like for Emby to be able to send recorded shows to a folder of my choice that is NOT scanned by the library.

Reason - I use a third party program to reencode the recorded shows, then move them to the library folder. Right now Emby thinks there are two versions of the same show in two folders because Emby's library is scanning the recorded folder also. There should be a library option to not scan the recorded folder.

I have not tried this myself, but what happens if you remove access to recordings for the user in question as far as libraries go and you only give them access to the library that you have re encoded?

Probably still a good option to have inside emby to make the recordings folder "hidden" I am just suggesting this as a potential way to use emby as it is to get similar results.

Edited by tdiguy

The problem is not the access. Emby includes the recorded folder as one of its monitored folders. Besides most of my clients are Android boxes, not windows. Not sure how to restrict that.

mastrmind11

The problem is not the access. Emby includes the recorded folder as one of its monitored folders. Besides most of my clients are Android boxes, not windows. Not sure how to restrict that.

You restrict access to libraries from the emby admin page on the server.  Just restrict your users from seeing the "recorded" library but allow access to the one where the post-processed recordings end up.  Seems like a reasonable work around.

I will have to setup a new emby user and log in as them. I will try it out later today and report back. Thanks

The best answer is for Emby to have an option to monitor the recorded folder. Anyone who doesn't use the recorded folder for their library will have this issue.

mastrmind11

I will have to setup a new emby user and log in as them. I will try it out later today and report back. Thanks

The best answer is for Emby to have an option to monitor the recorded folder. Anyone who doesn't use the recorded folder for their library will have this issue.

yep, i agree completely.  what are you doing post?  comskip etc?  If so, there are threads here outlining how to use Emby's post processing trigger to get it done.

Using MCEBuddy. I rip from Tablo and other sources as well and send the Emby and NextPVR recordings there.

Not happy with comskip until I have time to customize it.

Edited by dcol

mastrmind11

Using MCEBuddy. I rip from Tablo and another sources as well and send the Emby and NextPVR recordings there.

Not happy with comskip until I have time to customize it.

indeed

DarWun

I second this request. I have an Emby DVR post-processing script that reencodes TV show episode recordings, moves the reencoded files to the Auto-Organize watch folder and then deletes the recording and associated folders. When auto-organize subsequently runs, it occasionally moves the file back to the recordings folder (creating the directory structure for the series since it no longer exists) instead of moving the file to the appropriate series folder in the TV library.

Edited by DarWun

I have a workaround. I no longer let Emby do any of the recording. Instead I use NextPVR server and the Emby plugin. NextPVR sends the recording to a folder monitored by MCEBuddy instead of the one Emby uses. This way only totally finished recordings end up in the library. No duplicates. And the added benefit of better folder naming.