Live IPTV/Antenna streaming, 2 separate clients

rocky_mtn
Go to solution Solved by rocky_mtn,

rocky_mtn

I have spent the better part of 2 weeks researching and fiddling with settings and can't seem to find a resolution to this, so I figured I'd reach out for help. I have family 200 miles away that I'm sharing my Emby library with including live tv, movies, and TV shows. The server is here at my home, Windows 10 I7-7700K 32gb ram. We both use nvidia shield android apps to access the server. I have 2 tuners setup, 1 is a HDHomerun extend with 4 tuners providing local live TV access and an M3U tuner providing IPTV. I have 5 available streams on the IPTV service and it's not the problem. So, the problem is, if I access the M3U tuner and start a live stream, then my family member tries to access the same M3U tuner, it will boot me. If my family member is on, and I try accessing the tuner, it will boot them. No matter what speed or transcoding settings (on the server, or client) are selected this will happen. I've even tried accessing the local HDHomerun tuner and having the family access the M3U tuner and it does the same thing, but different. It will allow me to stream HDHomerun and eventually just boot them from the M3U tuner leaving my local stream unaffected. I can gladly send logs as I'd love to know if this is a bandwidth issue, or just a plain setting issue. Also, thought it might be worth mentioning, I do also have the app/apk for my IPTV provider, and if I'm using the app/apk, my family can stream for hours and hours with no issue through Emby, but as soon as we try to share through Emby, no go. Back and forth booting eachother off and back to the guide. FWIW, my connection is only 150mpbs down and about 5-6mbps up. I've been thinking about upgrading, but I'd like to get to the bottom of this bottleneck before I start making some network changes this coming week. I have a 24 port gigabit switch and 500 feet of cat 6 cable coming in the next week, then I'll upgrade my connection. Let me know if I can upload the logs from my shield client as that seems to be easiest on my end. Thanks in advance folks. I did also forget to mention I am using xteve to filter channels and grab guide info for the M3U tuner, just in case thats relevant.

Edited by rocky_mtn

rocky_mtn

Am I not able to send the logs from the client? I did read that thread entirely before posting...I've attached 1 log from 10:42 am this morning. I just figured if I sent the logs from the client, I wouldn't have to guess at which one to pick from the server. Let me know. Thank you.

Log.txt

Edited by rocky_mtn

rocky_mtn

New log also attached while just 1 client "trying" to watch live TV via HDHomerun local tuner/antenna setup. Kept asking if the TV was displaying a picture or audio, which it was not, so I select no, it tried to restart the stream and said "Too many errors. Giving up." This may be unrelated, but I really want to like Emby, I'd much rather give you guys my $120 than Plex when me free pass expires on November 20th, but this is making it so difficult...Second log attached.

Log2.txt

rocky_mtn

Just sent logs from the shield client to you guys @@ebr they were sent from user "Jeremy". I sure hope you guys can figure this out as I love this software otherwise! TIA

Forgot to mention, the stream bumping was happening between 10:30 and 11:30 am this morning and continued throughout the day off and on.

Edited by rocky_mtn
  • Like 1

rocky_mtn

I've tried everything that I can figure. Lowering the bitrate, lowering the stream quality etc...The last 24 hours has been fruitful with regards to being able to rule out Emby entirely. The streams I'm having problems with are the HD streams and they are NOT isolated to Emby. I've tried Perfect Player, VLC, Live Channels ATV app, Plex, the native IPTV APK from my provider...all of which cannot withstand a 1080p stream at even close to 60fps. Heck if I put on Redbull TV which says it's a UHD stream, it won't even play 720 at 30 fps without glitching every 10 seconds bad. Regardless, it has nothing to do with Emby. I'm leaning towards either a provider issue, internal network problem, or an ISP problem. Just had a 500' spool of cat 6 and a new gigabit switch delivered today and so the process of elimination starts. I'll be sure to post back for posterity. Thank you.

Also did you by chance see ANYTHING in the logs that might help me in my troubleshooting, or are you leaving that to @@ebr to take a look at? I did send an entire log set from my Shield TV client yesterday. Not in any hurry, just wondering as I've seen threads like this go on for months. Thanks again!

Edited by rocky_mtn

rocky_mtn

Indeed. It was initially setup as ts and I was having buffering problems, changed it to m3u8 hls and that problem went away, or so I thought. Now it appears to be provider related. I loaded a different providers playlist, mostly all 720 streams and it plays flawlessly. I realize this is out of your realm of support. I really like the first providers playlist much much better. Their streams are almost all 1080p (some 2160p) and look so amazing, something just isn't keeping up. Guess I'll rewire the house and get the network switch running, call the ISP and bump the bandwidth A LOT and cross my fingers. Should know something by this coming weekend. Thanks for checking in.

Edited by rocky_mtn

Didn’t read all the details of above post, but I you want to do Emby stream sharing, with family members 200miles away, your 5-6Mbps up connection is not really suited for that without heavy transcoding.

rocky_mtn

Didn’t read all the details of above post, but I you want to do Emby stream sharing, with family members 200miles away, your 5-6Mbps up connection is not really suited for that without heavy transcoding.

Duly noted. I'll get the house wired this weekend and bump the connection and go from there. Thanks!

• Solution
rocky_mtn

Got my Ubiquiti switch installed and all new cat 6 throughout the casa this weekend. I also had Comcast up my bandwidth to gigabit which includes a solid 35-40 Mbps upload. Happy to report that @@Senna was right on point with regards to the stream booting. Now I'm able to supply transcoded stream outside the household well over my previous upload limit. The buffering is totally my providers issue and has also been fixed. Thanks for the advice peeps! Happy camper here.

• Like 1