TV theme Music

jburgess
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Hi, this is what the developer of the plugin has chosen, but you can always manually add your own theme song files. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

jburgess

Hi, this is what the developer of the plugin has chosen, but you can always manually add your own theme song files. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

Hi Luke,

Do you still need that plugin in order to do that? Or do you just add an mp3 file to the root of the folder? TV Shows/Walking Dead

You do not need any plug-ins for theme music support.  The plug-in just goes out and gathers the actual songs but you can get them yourself and put them in the proper place for the system to find them.

Theme songs & videos

• Like 1

jburgess

You do not need any plug-ins for theme music support.  The plug-in just goes out and gathers the actual songs but you can get them yourself and put them in the proper place for the system to find them.

Theme songs & videos

Fantastic!

It works a treat!

• Like 1

jburgess

It works well,

If you go to TV Shows and browse the folders then it plays the music and when you back it stops. 

If you are on the home screen and go to recently added, click on an episode then go back to the home screen it keep playing?

How do I stop that?

jburgess

Exactly how did you "go back to the home screen"?

There is just a back button on the remote. 

Like I said, its fine when I am in the TV Shows library, its just the on deck stuff which it carries on playing.

Its fine in the web app.

• Solution

Okay, it is only a problem when you go directly from the home screen.  We'll look into that.  For now, you can stop the music by entering any library or other item without theme music.

Thanks for reporting.

• Like 1

jburgess

Okay, it is only a problem when you go directly from the home screen.  We'll look into that.  For now, you can stop the music by entering any library or other item without theme music.

Thanks for reporting.

No problem,

Just glad its not me,

You do not need any plug-ins for theme music support. The plug-in just goes out and gathers the actual songs but you can get them yourself and put them in the proper place for the system to find them.

Theme songs & videos

Who has time for that? The plugin is a pretty cheap way to do it.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...
James2901uk

i have both the movie & Tv theme song plugins...so my question is...Is there any way to change the folder that the Tv & Movie theme songs are downloaded to?

i have both the movie & Tv theme song plugins...so my question is...Is there any way to change the folder that the Tv & Movie theme songs are downloaded to?

Hi, currently no, they're only supported in the original media folders.

• 3 months later...
15 hours ago, muppet4k said:

Is that normal that the theme song isnt played when using emby from android on a fire tv stick?

No.  Make sure you've enabled the setting in the app settings.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
darkblue8901

Hi,

I found a problem, when thememusic in TvShow Lib it will be play, but in Movie Lib this thememusic not play. same folder, same file.

TVShow:

X:\A\Outlander 2014\theme-music\music.m4a

Movie:

X:\F\Frozen 2013\theme-music\music.m4a

Need I pay for Emby Premiere or add someone plug-in

Thank you.

Edited by darkblue8901

On 7/29/2020 at 4:36 AM, darkblue8901 said:

Hi,

I found a problem, when thememusic in TvShow Lib it will be play, but in Movie Lib this thememusic not play. same folder, same file.

TVShow:

X:\A\Outlander 2014\theme-music\music.m4a

Movie:

X:\F\Frozen 2013\theme-music\music.m4a

Need I pay for Emby Premiere or add someone plug-in

Thank you.

@cayars are you able to reproduce?

Using .22 beta for Android TV theme music is working perfect for me for both movies and TV shows. Same for web.

Also no problem picking media from the home screen from "Latest TV shows" or "Latest Movies" and then backing out to the main screen.  Working fine on the beta for me.

Carlo

PS this is using this exact naming \theme-music\music.m4a

I can test a release or store beta version if you like, just say the word.

Edited by cayars

• 2 years later...
MarcelSb
On 2/21/2020 at 10:57 PM, Luke said:

Hi, currently no, they're only supported in the original media folders.

What are the odds that this will be added in the future? I just bought the plugin without knowing that it is unusable in my setup, as I really don't want to mess up my media folder. It is fortunately possible to configure everything else to be separated in its folder, however not with this feature.

Edited by MarcelSb

18 hours ago, MarcelSb said:

What are the odds that this will be added in the future? I just bought the plugin without knowing that it is unusable in my setup, as I really don't want to mess up my media folder. It is fortunately possible to configure everything else to be separated in its folder, however not with this feature.

What exactly are you looking for?  Right now, Emby will recognize theme songs and videos if using the following naming conventions: https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001159179-theme-songs-videos

Theme Songs

Any folder (movie, series, season, game, etc) can have theme songs. Emby apps will play the songs in the background while browsing through the content.

There are two supported conventions, theme.ext, or the 'theme-music' sub-folder, where ext is any valid audio extension.

/Movies
   /Home Alone (1990)
      Home Alone (1990).mp4
      theme.mp3

or

/Movies
   /Home Alone (1990)
      Home Alone (1990).mp4
      /theme-music
          song1.mp3
          song2.wma
          song3.flac

Theme Videos

Any folder (movie, series, season, game, etc) can have theme videos using a 'backdrops' sub-folder. Some Emby apps will play the videos in the background while browsing through the content.

/Movies
   /Home Alone (1990)
      Home Alone (1990).mp4
      /backdrops
          video1.mkv
          video1.mp4

GrimReaper
9 minutes ago, cayars said:

What exactly are you looking for?

They want theme music/videos not to be saved/supported only in media folders/next to media, but in server metadata folder (or alternate location). 

• Like 1

Got ya.  With a bit of planning and setup you can do this right now outside of Emby.  As long as the "meta" section directly matched the directory tree of the main file system you can "fuse" the two together and Emby Server would never know the files are stored in different locations.  Another way and potentially "better" way to do this would be using symbolic links.  With a symbolic link you can place a file anywhere on your system and "map" it to a specific existing directory.

Carlo