Long Load Times on Android TV app and Roku App

omerome

Hello all. 

I have installed Emby Server as a docker on UNRAID and I am experiencing an issue where it takes a while for me to connect to my Emby server. 

I have the following clients installed:

• Samsung Galaxy S9 (Android 8.0.0 /  Emby version: 3.0.21)
  • NVIDIA Shield (Android 8.0.0 / Emby version: 1.6.50g) 
  • Roku Stick (Version 8.1.0 / Emby version: 3.0.111)

When I connect using the Emby client on my Samsung S9 phone either using the WIFI or from my phone's data, I can access my media in 5 seconds or less. However, when I connect using the Emby app for my SHIELD or from my Roku, I am waiting at the loading screen for sometimes over 30 seconds before it finally connects. 

Can anyone please help?

Thanks.

Included are the logs.

embyserver.txt

Edited by omerome

Hi, when exactly does this happen?

Unfortunately every time I try to use the app on the NVIDIA Shield device or my Roku. It's a much longer wait compared to using my phone.

Where in the app?

As soon as I try to load it from the NVIDIA Shield or Roku home screen.

The cursor just spins for a while before it connects to my media.

Edited by omerome

Do you have the app configured to auto login?

If you do, try setting that back to show login screen and see if it is faster that way.

If so, try turning the auto login back on after that.

Not that this is the issue. But when you enable debug options in the Roku app it will run slower and take significantly longer for video to start. There is alot of debug in that section of the app since it has so many moving parts. It is only suggested to use debug when asked to do so. 

How are you connecting to your libraries?

Are you using rclone?

I'm not sure what rclone is, but I just set up my libraries from the docker and everything is pointed to /mnt/user/media/ on my shares (i.e., /mnt/user/media/Movies). The server is my NAS machine located on the same LAN as the other machines I am connecting to. Even when I access my Emby library through the web browser, everything loads up instantly.

Now once I am connected to the server, everything is fast with no load time. It is just initially getting the app to load that takes a while.

There is only one response in the server log that is slow and that will be faster with the next release of emby server, thanks.

Do you have the app configured to auto login?

If you do, try setting that back to show login screen and see if it is faster that way.

If so, try turning the auto login back on after that.

Yes, I originally set it up so that I am not prompted to log in with a username/password or autologin.

So I disabled logging in with Connect, it still takes 15+ seconds. Then I changed it to prompt the login screen, it still took 15+ seconds, and finally the same amount of time with autologin.

Here is an updated log if this helps:

embyserver.txt

Edited by omerome

There is only one response in the server log that is slow and that will be faster with the next release of emby server, thanks.

Okay. Thanks.