Emby picking up wrong show

jglazer63

jglazer63

Every time I put a TV show "Titans" in my tv folder, it thinks it is "Teen Titans Go" instead of just "Titans". Is there some way to train Emby to use the correct information?

Thanks!

jglazer63

Not positive which one you are looking for but try naming the folder "Titans (2018)" if that's it.

Also: Identify

I tried "Titans 2018" and it still does not find it.  Odd though. I type "Titans 2018" in IMDB and there it is.   Maybe emby doesn't use IMDB?

I have a folder for this week's TV so it's not dedicated to just that one show.

Hi.  We do not support TV series lumped together like that.

Please see: TV naming

jglazer63

For best results I create series folders using the series name from thetvdb.com

5bdef175a2f62_Titans.jpg

Yep, Emby doesn't find it even with this name.

• Like 1

jglazer63

Hi.  We do not support TV series lumped together like that.

Please see: TV naming

I would assume I could at least manually identify.  But emby isn't seeing anything with that name.  Also, these shows are deleted as I watch them so I don't maintain folders. 

Edited by jglazer63

For TV series, we only support the organization explained in that article above.

You might also want to check out the AutoOrganize plug-in to take your mish-mash structure and move it to a recognized one.

Thanks.

jglazer63

For TV series, we only support the organization explained in that article above.

You might also want to check out the AutoOrganize plug-in to take your mish-mash structure and move it to a recognized one.

Thanks.

I would assume I could at least manual identify the video files.  But emby doesn't see the Titans show that I am looking for.  It returns all sorts of other titan names but not this show.

I would assume I could at least manual identify the video files.  But emby doesn't see the Titans show that I am looking for.  It returns all sorts of other titan names but not this show.

I'm sorry, like I said before, Emby is not going to think loose videos in a single folder are TV series.  It is probably returning movies that it thinks it may be.

You can either organize them into show folders or use the plug-in to try and do it automatically for you.

jglazer63

I'm sorry, like I said before, Emby is not going to think loose videos in a single folder are TV series.  It is probably returning movies that it thinks it may be.

You can either organize them into show folders or use the plug-in to try and do it automatically for you.

Wow, lets try this again.  I click "Identify" type "Titans (2018)" and the results do not show the Titans TV show, it shows other TV shows with the word "Titans" in it but not the Titans (2018) one I want.   Let just pretend I didn't mention anything about how I organize my videos.  Sheesh!

Happy2Play

I can search "Titans 2018", only issue is kills a Banner image.  Shows with yeared titles have to be searched that way.  Don't use the Year field.

5bdef5af4ee1a_indent.jpg

Edited by Happy2Play

How you've organized and configured your library is extremely relevant here.  Perhaps you can show us details of that so we can help.

I just tested the "Identify" with a series in my library.  Searched for "Titans" and:

5bdef6876d894_titanssearch.png

Happy2Play

How you've organized and configured your library is extremely relevant here.  Perhaps you can show us details of that so we can help.

I just tested the "Identify" with a series in my library.  Searched for "Titans" and:

5bdef6876d894_titanssearch.png

Okay that is a return from TMDB mine comes from TVDB.

Okay that is a return from TMDB mine comes from TVDB.

It is coming from both for me.  I just missed the first one from TVDB.  It is the third result returned and has the same poster as the one I showed.

This is a tvdb data problem when using their search api. This series is part of the results, and it doesn't contain a year so that's why we're unable to filter on it:

<Series>
<seriesid>348179</seriesid>
<language>en</language>
<SeriesName>Gladstone and Disraeli - Clash of the Titans</SeriesName>
<Network>BBC</Network>
<id>348179</id>
</Series>

• 2 months later...
Scottieboi

Im having the same issue, Supernatural, folder named as Supernatural (2005) I used the correct imdb ID and tvdb id and all I get is the  animated series in my results

Figured it out, for some reason (although not selected in settings) it seems to look in the anidb before imdb or tvdb, I don't have that option selected on my end so no idea why it was looking for tv shows in ani, Looking at the identify options and they are top selections.... im confused.

Anyway fixed it for now.

Edited by Scottieboi

Figured it out, for some reason (although not selected in settings) it seems to look in the anidb before imdb or tvdb, I don't have that option selected on my end so no idea why it was looking for tv shows in ani, Looking at the identify options and they are top selections.... im confused.

This is the order of priority that you asked for in Emby library setup. You can easily change this if desired.