Allow sub-folders of movies, and allow folder icons as Portrait Orientation

Gerald Smith

Gerald Smith

As seen below, the folder icons are landscape, and then when I click on them, the movie posters are portrait orientation.

I would really like the option for the folder icons to be portrait as well. There are many folder icon images found on Google search that are Portrait Orientated and were created for other media players that I'd really like to use in Emby, but they look horrible inside a landscape box.

Also, as you notice below, TV shows and Movie Genres are on the same hierarchy level.

I would like to be able to have a Top level Movie Folder, next to my TV Shows Folder (and other folders I plan to created such as Documentaries, Music, Stand-up Comedy, and others).

When I click on the Movie folder, then I'll have the sub-folders such as New Releases, Comedy, Drama etc etc.

5bde56a4b3ac8_EmbyFront.png

Edited by Gerald Smith

Hi, the next release of Emby Server will have a Folders tab under your movie library so you'll be able to do that.

• Like 1

Gerald Smith

Hi, the next release of Emby Server will have a Folders tab under your movie library so you'll be able to do that.

Thats great news. (I assume you're referring to the icon orientation?)

What about the folder hierarchy, so that Movie Genre folders can be organised into a top level Movie Folder?

Edited by Gerald Smith

That's not realistic. That's why we have top level folders in the first place, you would just have to have multiple movie libraries.