Convert Media Feature

Scott310

Scott310

Hey guys, I tried a couple of times to use the convert feature to change an MKV to a more streaming friendly file format. I chose original file folder next to media files. Then I chose original quality and started the sync. It fails everytime. Is there a problem with this feature at the moment? I am on beta.

Thanks in advance for the help...

I will post logs if need be.

Scott310

Alright, I was just checking real quick to see if it was a known problem. I will be able to post logs in the morning. Thanks

Scott310

Oh I think I answered my own question. At the end of the log it says "no space left on device".  It appears that it is trying to write it to the C: drive.  The C: drive is an SSD with only the operating system on it and is not meant for storage.  Is there a way to change the directory? I assume it's just a temp directory until it goes back into the directory it came from.

ffmpegLog.txt

Scott310

Ok I found in the settings where I can change the Temp directory.  I assume once I change it to a folder with ample space the process should work fine. 

Thanks for baring with me lol

• Like 1

Scott310

Hey guys,  sorry to rehash this again but it worked great for a few files and then now when I try to convert a file it just says "downloaded" in the download and sync section but never actually starts the conversion.  I even tried to start it from scheduled tasks but it doesn't do anything.  I am attaching the server log from directly after trying to start the conversion.  there is no ffmpeg log because it never actually started.  Am I missing something here?

Convert2.txt

@Scott310: There's just too many errors in that log. Could you please fix all these first.

e.g.:

System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'F:\TV Shows'.

and 

System.IO.IOException: System.IO.IOException: The network name cannot be found : '\\OFFICE\TV Shows'

or

System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'F:\Emby Cache\cache\tmdb-movies2\230142\all-English.json'.

Scott310

The server has complete access to the TV shows directory. I also wasn't trying to convert anything from that directory. I don't know why that error would pop up. 

Edited by Scott310

For the third error: It could mean nothing but it could have also meant that you have configured your cache path to a drive or location that does not exist or is not accessible. But if

'F:\Emby Cache\cache' exists and can be accessed, then this error is nothing to worry about.

To proceed, please restart the server, reproduce the problem and post the log.

Thanks

Scott310

Hmmm now for some reason when I go to the logs page I just get a spinning circle and no logs.  Were are the logs stored?  Maybe I can check manually.

It's probably just taking time, I would try just being patient and waiting for the  logs to show up. Thanks.

You still have a lot of file system errors. Please fix those before requesting help.

It almost appears as if you've configured custom paths to use your F: drive but that F: drive is no longer available.

System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'F:\Emby Cache\cache\temp'.

Scott310

Sorry that was my bad.  It does have access but for some reason at that moment it didn't.  I checked to make sure that I was able to navigate to the path and then ran the conversion again.

embyservernew.txt