Emby Webclient stucks sometimes

Commerzpunk

Commerzpunk

Hello,

i am running my emby server as a docker container on my Synology DS718+.

Its all fine, running my movies, series and music.

Currently i switched to the latest beta which is 3.6.0.59 right now. For that i installed a all fresh docker container with all new setting (blank installation).

The issue i have has been the same even in version 3.5.2 which i ran before. Basicly, it was a reason to switch to the beta, hoping the issue will no longer be present.

What happens is: Browsing my media or the serversetting, by random, a page is not fully loaded. I can see some images or information does not appear. Most of the time, the big colored wait circle is on the screen.

I still can click items or menue items but she GUI seems to be stuck. Its not going to where i click. even reloading the page (F5, CTRL + F5) does not help.

The only solution i found is to close the browser tab and restart the "homepage" of Emby. From there, its all fine again.

This seems to be a very basic issue because i got it since many versions and even in the newest beta freshly installed.

Anyone any idea what that is and how i can resolve it?

To be honest, i am still thinking about premiere, but not with that issue.

Thanks

Commerzpunk

Ok, here is a screenshot how it looks.

I was in a tv show, and saw that not all images loaded.

So i clicked to "home" > and the loading circle appeared, stuck.

See screenshot.

5bdeca49c8e8c_embyhome.png

The log i attached is the current one, maybe 2 minutes after it happend.

embyserver (4).txt

Hi, can you please try removing these plugins and see if it helps:

Kodi companion 2.0.7.0
TVHclient 1.4.1.0

Thanks.

Commerzpunk

Well, i did. And it helped.

I can tell now for 15 minutes of trying hard to reproduce it > did not happen.

And emby 3.6.0.59 is really really fast and smooth like that!

a.) Only these 2 plugins make it complete for me, whats the solution to use them?

b.)I will monitor this and report

Edited by Commerzpunk

Hi, I'm not sure. I would try adding them back one at a time to see which one is causing it. Then you can report it to the developer. Thanks.

Commerzpunk

Hello,

i played arround a while and i think i found the region where the problem is or comes from.

There is a little icon on the top right which sould be something like "send to other screen" (i am using emby in my native language, german).

When i click this icon it shows "play on....".

But some times, on some screen, it kills the UI like i described.

That seems to happen more often and even without clicking the Icon when it TVH Plugin is active.

The attached log records it several times, with and without the Plugin active. The last time was arround 21:02 as i remember.

Does that help to go deeper into this issue?

embyserver.txt

Gerrit507

To me it seems like the authentication to the tvheadend server fails. If that's really the cause of the issue I don't know but it's a starting point at least.

The first log is full of exceptions from trying to connect to TVDB. So many exceptions can slow down the program horribly.

Edited by Gerrit507

Commerzpunk

@@Gerrit507

You are right, it is a authentication issue.

Something is strange on "your" side anyway because every client in my network worked fine, accept the emby plugin.

Here ist what the debug log from TVH showed:

2018-11-11 11:02:06.888 htsp: Got connection from 192.168.178.59
2018-11-11 11:02:06.923 htsp: 192.168.178.59: Identified as user 'Admin' (unverified)
2018-11-11 11:02:06.923 htsp: 192.168.178.59 [ Admin ]: Welcomed client software: TVHclient4Emby-3.6.0.59 (HTSPv20)
2018-11-11 11:02:06.937 htsp: 192.168.178.59 [ Admin | TVHclient4Emby-3.6.0.59 ]: Unauthorized access

My idea was to create a new user, and after that is all seems to work fine.  :)

I just cant understand why the internal and default admin didnt work, even because it does in Kodi, the TVH iOS app and VLC. So maybe you can take a deeper look.

Commerzpunk

Hello,

oh dear, you must have a lot to read and answer a lot of postings.

@@Gerrit507 thats impossible because it was the build in admin user from TVH and this user works in all apps and connections that i use (WebGUI, Kodi on Raspi, Kodi on x86, TVH Client on iPhone, TVH Client on iPad, VLC in Windows) over years. And it basically works in the emby plugin too because it shows data and played streams (before premiere was requiered). It just sometimes makes the emby GUI stuck. So thats clear its not a permission issue but a bug in emby or the plugin. Or please, to be more specific, what permissions are missing for the superadmin? I would be happy to know that because i can take care of it for future users.

@@Luke Of course a user in TVH, did you read my postings?  ;)

@@Commerzpunk does this answer your question?

What answer to which question do you mean?