Please don't force horizontal scrolling on us

beckfield

beckfield

When I came to Emby today, I was immediately dismayed to see that you have inflicted the abomination of horizontal scrolling on us in the web app.  This has not been a popular change, as you can see from these threads:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/64820-how-do-i-turn-off-horizontal-scrolling-on-home-page/

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/64555-58-and-my-media/

If people are driven to find ways to override your design choices, that's the sign of a very bad choice.  Please reverse course, or give us the option to turn horizontal scrolling off.  This is one of the reasons I've been investigating Emby as a replacement for Plex.

• Like 10

daedalus

i will never get why emby is so against options and letting the user decide

again and again there get things ripped out and people get slapped in the face while a simple option would make all happy

• Like 1

CBers

The thing is, everything is horizontally scrolled, except for episodes, which are vertically scrolled.

Where's the consistency in that?

I personally prefer horizontal scrolling in the web app and would prefer episodes to be horizontally scrolled as well.

Spaceboy

i will never get why emby is so against options and letting the user decide

again and again there get things ripped out and people get slapped in the face while a simple option would make all happy

its that dev's know better what you want than you do. did you not know that :)

• 1 month later...
beckfield

I'm happy to learn that A) horizontal scrolling only appears to be implemented on Suggestion pages, and B) I can configure the landing pages for my libraries, so I never have to see Suggestions (which I never wanted to see anyway).

I was a little premature in celebrating the demise of horizontal scrolling.  There it is on Artist Details page for Albums, "More like this," etc.

Horizontal scrolling is bad, unnecessary, ugly!  Please don't!

Edited by beckfield