Emby cannot play videos on separate drive after update

zalgo

The attached file is the emby log, no ffmpeg log is created from this. The error shown on the client is that no playback streams are available. The emby user that the process runs under does have access to ffmpeg and the video files in question. Any ideas? embyserver.txt

post-279717-0-00603900-1541214404_thumb.png 100% positive, stuck right here  

This is affecting all video files on a specific drive, but the particular one im using to test this is regular .mkv video (an episode of house)

Edited by zalgo

post-279717-0-10560600-1541214941_thumb.png To answer your question, from the season view of the show. And to answer my own, i now realize this was not an issue on emby, but an issue on the part of disk management. Its weird and i dont know how it happened, just look at the attached screenshot. this can be marked as closed or something similar

The issue was emby was looking at the first folder, and not the latter (which is actually the drive it needed to look at) i dont know how this happened, sorry for the waste of time

Sorry, can you explain a little more? I don't quite understand what that folder screenshot is depicting. Thanks.

Basically, thats the 'media' folder in ubuntu, it shows drives connected to the PC. somehow a *folder* was created in this place meant for drives, and emby got pointed to a directory where the video files were not, im not sure why this happened, but its likely my fault. The folder (ending in 20a) is 100% just metadata. Probably created by sonarr (a thing i use) The second folder (ending in 20a1) Is where the *actual* video files are. Emby was pointed at the first folder, which had only metadata, so everything looked to be there, but nothing was playable, hence no video logs.