Fire Stick Crashes EVERY TIME I OPEN IT

xfrank11x

xfrank11x

Hi,

I am not very savvy when it comes to internet based tv and movies, but I feel like if I pay for a service I should be able to use it whenever I want to use it.  I have 4 fire sticks in my home and they have all worked very well.  Since I have installed EMBY and paid for the service, I have experienced crashing, lagging, and an overall awful viewing experience.  I initially enjoyed your service, but as for the last 2 weeks I am ready to cut bait and go somewhere else.  

Please talk me off the ledge and tell me there is an easy fix to all of this.  I feel like I am throwing money out the window here.

Thank you in advance for your time and advice.

Frank

Hi.  Exactly what service have you paid for?

Also, there is a new version for the Fire currently in Amazon review which may solve your issue.

xfrank11x

I pay for movies and tv shows for 2 devices.  I was almost going to look into the live TV aspect of the app, but I am definitely waiting for that.  

Where can I find the new version so I can attempt to download it?  

EMBY is a preloaded app on the fire stick, so I am assuming the latest version is always going to be available?

Problems consist of lag, freezing, random exiting of app.  My kid was just watching a movie as I type this and it stopped playing, only to start from the beginning again.  So frustrating...

No offense as I'm just trying to figure out what you have. Emby itself does not provide movies or tv shows, you must provide them to Emby and Emby allows you to stream those files to your devices. When you say you pay for movies and tv shows, I think you may have Emby confused with something else. Emby is not like Netflix, where as Netflix provides the content. You must provide your own content for Emby to stream anything. If I am wrong here, then the devs will need more info as far as server setup, server version, OS version and some kind of logs from the server and/or sending the logs to Emby via the app. When you say Emby is preloaded, as far as I know, it is not preloaded on any device, you must install it.

Again, this is not a attack, just trying to get more info and to make sure you are not confused as to what Emby is. Want to help, just need more specific info.

Be glad to help, just please provide more info on your setup. Not just the firestick, but server, os, etc..

Hope this helps.

I pay for movies and tv shows for 2 devices.  I was almost going to look into the live TV aspect of the app, but I am definitely waiting for that.  

Where can I find the new version so I can attempt to download it?  

EMBY is a preloaded app on the fire stick, so I am assuming the latest version is always going to be available?

Problems consist of lag, freezing, random exiting of app.  My kid was just watching a movie as I type this and it stopped playing, only to start from the beginning again.  So frustrating...

Hi, where did you get the firestick from?

xfrank11x

Ok, so after further review I paid baconfeet (server?).  I know that when I originally went to EMBY I was redirected to sign up and pay at baconfeet.  

I say preloaded because I did not have to do any special adding of apps to my firestick when looking for EMBY.  It was already a part of the Amazon library, all I had to do was install it on my stick.

I bought the stick(s) from Amazon.

I appreciate the help and questions.  I understand the line of questions and do not take offense to any of it.  

Thanks again

Okay, so you have purchased service from someone who uses Emby as a platform.  We have been working to try and avoid this type of confusion in the future.

Thanks.