Emby Music - Popular songs?

Soupy1970

Soupy1970

I was just checking out Plex and noticed a feature in Music that I love (see screenshot). In Music when you open an Artist it shows popular songs. This comes in real handy when you don't know all the names of the songs or what albums they are on. Can we please add this to Emby? Thanks

post-8240-0-27319300-1541178918_thumb.png

• Like 8
  • Agree 1

The audiodb metadata provider already supports that.

The lastfm provider may too, but I'm not sure.

• Like 1

heciruam

I miss this feature as well. Although it would be cool if we could modify these songs or just use the songs I "hearted" from the artist.

Yea i guess that's a can of worms this will open up, people will want to be able to customize that list.

Soupy1970

The audiodb metadata provider already supports that.

The lastfm provider may too, but I'm not sure.

Where do I find audiodb? I tried lastFM and it added a very large bio, I would prefer something a bit shorter.

Audiodb is included with the server, however, unless you're on windows it is currently disabled due to causing crashing. We are waiting on a fix from Microsoft in the .NET Core runtime before we can enable it on all platforms again.

Soupy1970

Audiodb is included with the server, however, unless you're on windows it is currently disabled due to causing crashing. We are waiting on a fix from Microsoft in the .NET Core runtime before we can enable it on all platforms

Windows 10 pro. All I see is MusicBrainz & Lastfm

Soupy1970

I don't see it in the plugin catalog, that was the first placed I looked. This is everything that appears under Metedata, and I don't see it under any other section either.

post-8240-0-72910700-1541216950_thumb.png

Actually in 3.5.3 it's not a plugin, it's built in, so you can just enable that metadata provider on your music library.

If it's not showing up there then I may have disabled it for all platforms and you'll need to wait for 3.6. Thanks.

• Like 1

beckfield

Hi, yes it's a good idea for the future. thanks !

As long as it is an optional feature.  In Plex, I turned it off.  Not everyone has a use for it.

ginjaninja

As long as it is an optional feature. In Plex, I turned it off. Not everyone has a use for it.

for me its useful to be able to show when i specifically want this type of information..not all the time.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

wedgekc

I would like this, too, I have already asked for it 8 months ago.  The data should be relatively easy to pull from Last.fm (Like Airsonic/Subsonic does it) now that there is a plugin.

As someone else said, it would also be nice to see my favorites from a given artist.  Currently, there is no way to even filter for that.  I don't think it would open a can of worms, especially if we could easily create meaningful playlists/queues from the filter.  Then you can quickly queue up whatever you want.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
Dreakon13

I'd definitely like something like this.  The beauty of it is that it'd give me a kind of already curated playlist of (subjectively) their best songs for each artist that didn't involve shuffling through a lot of deep cuts.  And if I add music for a new artist that I haven't really heard too much before, it's a built in starting point.

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
ShadowKindjal

Question,

Would there be any way to get Emby to pull community rating settings for songs? If you open an artist's page in Emby and click "See All" under the Songs section it gives you a list of songs that can be sorted by the Community Rating. If there's a way to have Emby pull that rating then that could suffice as a temporary measure for this potential feature. Is this something that could be implemented on a shorter timetable than the entire feature?

image.thumb.png.5fd711a5f2b3b647812df96a769c347e.png