Troubles with Parental Control for a Kids new user

dml33

Hi.

I have just created a new Kids user. I wanted to control his access to the main library by just setting a maximum allowed parental rating to "G".

Then, I realized that some movies I had, had some old style parental ratings, so I refreshed some manually. (Could i be done in batches, instead or an schedule task just for this?).

But, I have many movies with "NOT RATED" and "NR" parental rating. Some of them because there is no certificate for United States and some because the rating is not well picked from IMDB, such as The Challenger Disaster.

The main problem is that those "NOT RATED" and "NR" are not filtered by the "maximum allowed parental rating" in the Kids user settings, so they appear for my kids to be watched.

Could this not rated be excluded from the "G" (minimum) parental rating set? Or, at least, let me decide if I want the "G" set include them or not?

Many thanks!

Happy2Play

The NR rating is defaulted to a higher restriction number, so should work without issue.  The "Not Rated" falls under unknown so you need to enable "Block items with no or unrecognized rating information:" by content type.

All ratings not listed in Localization (ratings-us.txt) will be blocked if you have that content type checked.

TV-Y,1
APPROVED,1
G,1
E,1
EC,1
TV-G,1
TV-Y7,3
TV-Y7-FV,4
PG,5
TV-PG,5
PG-13,7
T,7
TV-14,8
R,9
M,9
TV-MA,9
NC-17,10
AO,15
RP,15
UR,15
NR,15
X,15
XXX,100

Thanks for such quick answer. How couldn't I see the option to block not rated ones...?

Anyway, there are some movies (specially very old ones, such as The Dictator), which have several parental ratings for United States in IMDB, each one with the year that the rating was changed. You know, in old days that movie was a G! But, Emby takes the first one that appears in the web. Could Emby take the most recent one, instead?

Thanks again!

Enviado desde mi CLT-L29 mediante Tapatalk

Hi.

Sorry, I saw it wrong.

But, for example for To Kill a Mockingbird, from IMDB Parents Guide, Certification:

United States:Not Rated
United States:Approved (pca #20267)
United States:TV-PG (TV rating)
For The Sunset Boulevard:

United States:Not Rated
United States:Passed (National Board of Review)
United States:Approved (pca #13955)
United States:TV-PG (TV Rating)
In both cases, in Emby they are Not Rated. Why TV-PG is not taken? Although it's not strictly MPAA for movies, at least it is not a default unknown certification.

For The Challenger Disaster, it's NR:

United States:TV-14
It would be much more useful this TV-14, instead.

What do you think?

Thanks!

Enviado desde mi CLT-L29 mediante Tapatalk

Edited by dml33