Switching from plex

bhajipav

bhajipav

Hi guys, I've been given the suggestion to switch over to emby from plex multiple times after seeing them turn their interests from actual media streaming to web services. I have no interest in web shows or podcasts and I just want streaming done right on my clients. My biggest gripe has been with Android and Android TV clients, can someone chime in on the experience they've had on those specific emby clients?

See my post on the plex sub here for more details

I'd be installing the emby server on my unraid server via docker container if that matters.

I'm starting off with the free version to see how I like it. Wish I hadn't paid for plex pass, basically paid for features I don't want in the first place.

Thanks everyone downloader.vip/ccleaner/ https://www.happywheels.vip/ vlc.onl/

Edited by bhajipav
  • Like 1

Hi and Welcome!

Please let us know about your experience with both of those apps.  The Android mobile and TV platforms are two of our most popular.

• Like 1

I use both AndroidTV (ShieldTV) and Android on my Galaxy S7 and Tab.

Solid!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

arrbee99

Works fine for me using Fire TV (2nd gen for us) and occasional use on Android phones. Can't claim to be a demanding user, don't have Atmos this and 4K projector that. Everything is going to have bugs but they tend to get squished well I find. OK, some of my suggestions don't make into real life which mystifies me, as they are uniformly brilliant, but hey ho there you go...  :)

• Like 1

mastrmind11

As long as your Android TV devices are certified and not knock-off "Android on a Stream Box", the Emby experience is awesome.  A few ShieldTVs and a few MiBox's getting daily use as well as a few active external clients, and no real problems at all.  Pull the trigger!

Edited by mastrmind11

My whole home relies on emby as a media center. I have 3 mi box 3 devices connected to the tvs around the house which use the emby tv app. The interface is easy to use and navigate. I didnt even have to give my 8yo much instruction with it for her to be able to watch her shows on it.

Also ya i would echo what mastermind says, there are a lot of knock off devices out there that are not certified and the experience can be mixed at best. Thats what happens i guess when a device thats not a touch screen emulates a touch screen environment. Also the mi box s are now available and are a pretty sweet deal.

https://www.android.com/tv/

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Xiaomi-Mi-Box-S-4K-HDR-Android-TV-with-Google-Assistant-Remote-Streaming-Media-Player-with-Google-Home-Mini-Bundle-as-an-Option/677842593?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&adid=22222222227255989920&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=302002573605&wl4=pla-539283231293&wl5=9002149&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=online&wl12=677842593&wl13=&veh=sem&gclid=Cj0KCQjwjvXeBRDDARIsAC38TP7mzff0VfkVPQJC0NaZpK-2KxHcOvdS6K8Fkd7tGC0UPiIZ9sk1wqAaAkhOEALw_wcB

Edited by tdiguy