Cannot log into (remote) server

Coxeroni

mastrmind11

Really, https and that's it? It works with that, damn I thought because I could connect without that it wouldn't be an issue. On other platforms that was not needed... Thanks for pointing this out! I can login now :)

Since it is a remote server I can't use PIN to login I guess. Is there any chance to avoid having to enter the password again everytime I switch users? I don't want to put a too insecure password but inputting it with a remote hurts my thumb and makes the wife angry :)

Auto login into the family account on startup works so this is not bad.

Either connect w/ a VPN to the server's LAN and set up a pin for the user on the local network, or whitelist your WAN IP on the server and it'll treat it as local.

Coxeroni

Thanks for the idea, but the latter sounds like a security risk. I guess I can't add any dynamic DNS substitute since my WAN IP at home is dynamic...

mastrmind11

Thanks for the idea, but the latter sounds like a security risk. I guess I can't add any dynamic DNS substitute since my WAN IP at home is dynamic...

No, but I recall seeing it in a FR a while ago.  Also, now that I read more carefully, that whitelist might only apply to bitrate settings.  :shrug:

VPN would work, I do it all the time.

• 4 weeks later...
Jumalolento

I do have the same issue with the FireTV 2nd generation.

I cannot login with the user anymore, it was working before,

I don't know if the app got update or if anything else changed.

With mobile App it's working fine.

It does not make a change if it is using SSL or don't

I do have the same issue with the FireTV 2nd generation.

I cannot login with the user anymore, it was working before,

I don't know if the app got update or if anything else changed.

With mobile App it's working fine.

It does not make a change if it is using SSL or don't

Hi, can you please describe what happens when you try to login? Thanks.

Jumalolento

At FireTV login I get the error message that username or password ist wrong. With browser or Android mobile app it is working without problems.

Even if I remove the password (empty) it is not possible from FireTV.

There is no difference with or without SSL.

At FireTV login I get the error message that username or password ist wrong. With browser or Android mobile app it is working without problems.

Even if I remove the password (empty) it is not possible from FireTV.

There is no difference with or without SSL.

Hi there, how are you trying to login? Are you entering the password into the FireTV app? Or are you using the Emby Connect pin code sign in?

I am having this exact same problem on both Android TV and Fire Stick 4k apps. The problem does not occur on my Android phone.

My server is not using SSL, and the problem occurs regardless of using a password.

Hi. What version of the app?

Also, what is the name of the Fire TV device (in the device settings)?

Android TV

-Device Name: TV

-Emby 1.6.56g

-Android TV 7.0

Fire TV

-Device Name: Family Room Fire

-Emby 1.6.56a

Jumalolento

Hi.  What version of the app?

Also, what is the name of the Fire TV device (in the device settings)?

Device Name

Julian's Fire TV

Software Version

Fire OS 5.2.6.7

And I do not get a request from the FireTV Login in the Activities of the Server Dashboard.

Okay, on the screen where you are trying to log in, there should be a button to send a log.  Please try to log in and produce the error and then use the send log button.

Then come here and tell me exactly when you sent that log.

Thanks.

Just looks like an invalid password.  What kind of password is it?  Meaning is it complex or simple?

Do you have the server log that goes with that app log you sent?

Jumalolento

It's a complex password, but it's the same even if  I change it to 1234 or leave it empty.

And the weird thing is, I don't see the failed login (I see no login at all) at Server Dashboard.

Hiho,

Copy that, i've got exactly the same problem. Emby works flawlessly on any platform other than android TV which throws "invalid username or password" despite using a local user with no password. Tried with password, same issue.

Cheers

Hiho,

Copy that, i've got exactly the same problem. Emby works flawlessly on any platform other than android TV which throws "invalid username or password" despite using a local user with no password. Tried with password, same issue.

Cheers

@@visilem can you please attach the emby server log? Thanks !

Hi Luke,

Thank you for your quick reply... i have since identified the culprit:

Bitdefender silently denied any attempts at "unencrypted password authentication". I've disabled the "antivirus" part of the product during testing for good measure but the "Privacy Guard" is unfazed by this. No warning, no nothing. So i've added emby as an exeption.

5c2025c7c3a40_mRemoteNG_20181224_011431.

Now logging in works like a charm...

Cheers

Jumalolento

Hi Luke,

Thank you for your quick reply... i have since identified the culprit:

Bitdefender silently denied any attempts at "unencrypted password authentication". I've disabled the "antivirus" part of the product during testing for good measure but the "Privacy Guard" is unfazed by this. No warning, no nothing. So i've added emby as an exeption.

5c2025c7c3a40_mRemoteNG_20181224_011431.

Now logging in works like a charm...

Cheers

Thanks for that, that solved mine too