Slow Library

Partyfadi

Partyfadi

Hello,

Since the Last Update, I can't browse my Library in a normal tempo, it slows down really bad.

Fire OS 5.2.6.7

Emby Server 3.5.3.0

Emby App 1.6.50a 

Greetings

Fabian

Edited by Partyfadi

Partyfadi

In every Library, at the moment when I open it,

On a Fire Tv Stick W87Cun, it startet since the Library scrolls verticaly for standard 

In every Library, at the moment when I open it,

There are several potential views in each library...

What happens if you switch to the old horizontal scroll method (cog wheel upper right)?

I have been able to reproduce this but only on a 1st Gen Fire Stick and only in the "All" type views.  Normal horizontal rows are fine.

Trying to track down what it is.

Thanks.

Sort your items by anything other than "Name" and this issue should go away.

Now I just need to figure out how to actually solve it...

Sort your items by anything other than "Name" and this issue should go away.

Now I just need to figure out how to actually solve it...

doesn´t work here on gen1 stick.... emby is very choppy and unsuable :(

doesn´t work here on gen1 stick.... emby is very choppy and unsuable :(

How did you sort the library?

Different ways.... It doesn't change anything...

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 3 mit Tapatalk

Can you produce a video of what you are seeing?

Not at the moment

After reinstalling when selecting series section screen turns black

Movies section is very very choppy.

Never had such problems before...

Can you produce a video of what you are seeing?

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 3 mit Tapatalk

• 4 months later...
najman

I joined JUST to put my 2 ¢ in.  I too am having the very slow navigation speed when looking at various libraries.  I have 3.  Main with ~400 movies, Kids with ~150, and a old section with about 40.  They all navigate the same, very slowly which leads me to think its not related to library size.  I've gone through all of the settings and the only one I could find that would change anything was the size of the thumbnail.  I like to see as many movies as possible so naturally I pick small.  If I choose the medium or large then the navigation is noticeably faster.  This leads me to believe it may be related to an on-screen buffer? or how the screen is drawn with perhaps too many objects?  On large is only shows 2.5 movies on the 42" screen...not exactly functional.  I'd love to keep emby as Kodi's interface for Fire TV isn't as modern.  I love the carousel's.

I have a Gen2 Fire TV, the Emby Server, and the Fire TV Emby app 1.6.87a(just checked)

najman

The web app from the PC works fine...are you suggesting using the web app on fire TV?? I will have to give that a go, but launching it wouldn't be very user friendly.

Edit: Yeah it works. You can see 5 movies at a time...so when scrolling through several hundred...it's tedious. But it doesn't lag. Trading one issue for another.

Edited by najman

Unfortunately, this is a limitation of the processing power of those Fire devices.  You have found the solution, which is to not try to show so many items on screen at once.

najman

First, really appreciate the response.  Second, LAAAAAAAAME!!!  According to the Fire TV Wiki the Cube TV looks like it has less processing power(what was the point), but the 4k Stick looks like it has slightly more? (compared to the 2nd gen)  I'd be happy to get a new device if someone has first hand experience with this.  I'm not really sure if the .23 Ghz will be enough to effectively make a difference.  Also, both new devices have Fire OS 6...so maybe that will help?  I really want this app to work...

Is there anyway to make the icons smaller in the web app?

Hi, no i wasn't suggesting the web app on the Fire TV, any device is fine. I wanted to get an idea if it was due to slow server performance, or slow client device performance. I would suggest sticking with the Fire TV app.

Question, if you stay out of the libraries and just play from the home screen, how does the Fire TV app perform then?

najman

Works just fine.  The home screen interface is smooth and responsive.  It's just the animation on the various libraries.  Once you start the movie/video the smoothness and responsiveness returns IE pause menu settings.

So then for the long libraries, perhaps a list view might work better for you?

najman

It may perform better...but I don't like that interface.  The small icons shows 30 movies per page...that's perfect.