Music files won't play

hotmog
Go to solution Solved by kikinjo,

Music playback was working fine the last time I used it up to and including a few days ago.

However today, when I select a track from my music library and click Play, nothing happens. The artist's name, artwork, album and track details are displayed, but the progress bar indicating track playback time remains stuck on 0:00. Yet in the current queue box below, a "dancing frequency response bar chart" icon appears against the track which disappears if I click on Pause, suggesting that the track is actually playing.

I use a Gen 1 Amazon Fire TV Box with the latest version of the Emby app for Fire TV installed, connected via an ethernet cable to my PC containing my music files. The Fire Box is connected to my smart TV via an HDMI cable, with the optical output feeding my stereo system via an Arcam rDac.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Emby app for Fire TV on the Fire TV Box, and also removing and recreating and rescanning my music library from the Emby dashboard on my PC. However the problem remains. I've looked at the log file, but cannot see any obvious error messages or anything that might suggest there is a problem.

Can anyone advise on a solution?

post-360626-0-13435000-1541008019_thumb.jpg

Hi Luke

I enabled debug logging and have uploaded the log file to you via the Emby Fire TV app. If you look at 19:08 onwards, I reproduced the issue described earlier (see photo uploaded in my initial post for a screenshot). I selected Annie Lennox, album Medusa, and Play All. The Play triangle has been replaced by the Pause double bar icon, but the playback bar remains stuck at 0:00. However if I scroll down to the Current Queue icon below for track 1, the "dancing bar chart" is showing (not visible in the photo) until I click on Pause.

44,100 kHz. I have tried to attach the file as requested using both basic and advanced uploader, but get "Error You aren't permitted to upload this kind of file".

• 7 months later...
hotmog

Admin never came back with a response to my last post, but the issue mysteriously corrected itself without any intervention on my part shortly after.

It has been working fine ever since up until a couple of days ago, but now the same problem has returned!

I've uninstalled/reinstalled the Emby app on my Fire TV box, deleted/recreated/rescanned my music folder on my PC dashboard, but no joy. I can play music files on my PC via the dashboard with no problem, but they won't play through the Emby app on my Fire TV.

I suspect the problem may be to do with the size of the music folder, as the one I am accessing is 159GB and contains FLAC format files. If I link to another music folder that is smaller in size (28GB) and contains a mixture of wma and mp3 files, it works OK.

Given that it used to work on the FLAC format folder when it was slightly smaller, I am tending towards the idea that I may have hit some sort of folder size limit. Can anyone confirm this, and if so advise what the maximum is?

• Solution
kikinjo

Hotmog, it is a issue in emby app, ebr pushed the new stable but it is still not available on amazon appstore, its been 2 weeks almost.

After the app updates it self it will work, since there are reports that HQ flac files playing has been fixed in beta version.

• Like 1

VaporTrail

Thanks for the info @@kikinjo!

If it makes you feel any better @@hotmog, you're not alone. I've been checking every day for 2 weeks, as I use Emby daily for work music. Everything is FLAC. Been using Spotify (which sucks)!  :wacko: