Metadata do not change after editing them

nikolasd

nikolasd

I have emby 3.5.3.0 on OpenMediaVault with the Debian package.

I have recently found out, that after I edit some metadata on my files, those metadata do not show up on emby.

For instance I have a home movie, where I have added the persons on this movie. I update metadata of the movie from Metadata manager, I click on save, but the metadata does not change. The strange thing is that the nfo file is updated with the info I have added, but emby server keeps showing the old info.

Is there some logic explanation on that peculiar behavior?

nikolasd

Let's say I have a video named Summer Vacation 2018. I open the metadata manager to edit the metadata for this file. On People, I add Person A, Person B and I Save. I do the same to several other videos. After I check back the Summer Vacation 2018 video, there are no People under the People section of the metadata. But, the nfo file has the person section as it should. I restart the server, I delete the nfo file and refresh metadata, but I still cannot see the edit. It seems like the edit is not persistent.

nikolasd

I did try a library scan. More than once.

I finally deleted the library and recreated it. Since everything was on nfo files the library updated as it should. From my research I guess it had to do something with an inconsistency between the db and the actual data.