Firestick Gen1 - Libary scrolling slow

davelane85

davelane85

Since a recent app update (might be when the new vertical scrolling was introduced) scrolling through the library's on my Gen1 Firestick is very slow, almost unusable. I tried it on my Gen2 stick and it's OK on that. Things were smooth in the previous version, and all other menus are ok

davelane85

I tried on another Gen1 Firestick and got the same results, I'll try do some testing later and downgrade to earlier versions to see when it started happening

davelane85

So I couldn't find the 1.6.0.0a Apk anywhere but managed to install 1.6.0.0g (not sure what if any the difference is) but in this version the issue goes away

davelane85

So just did the following:

Enabled debugging in the app

Went into my movie library and scrolled arround for a bit, after about 30seconds of scrolling about it completely frose, I tried to go back, but then the app just crashed.

I launched the app again, and scrolled arround in the movie library again, didn't crash this time

Logs sent at 18:43 GMT

Thanks.  If you keep jamming on the keys when the app is not responding, eventually, Android will shut it down.  That is probably what happened to you the first time.