Emby Android TV - Delete annoyance

tvinhas

tvinhas

Hi,

I use Emby mainly to watch TV Shows I record from HDHomeRun using Emby's DVR capabilities and I delete the show immediately after I finish watching it,

The problem with the Android TV app, which I just moved back from Plex, when whatever episode I'm watching is over, there's no Delete option in the screen that appears when I press "Back" on my remote. I need to click about 7 times (I counted) to be able to delete the episode.

Any way you can either change this behavior ir at least add an option for that?

See the image bellow:

5bd891b5bac3a_20181030_104935.jpg

FYI - you are on the series screen there so you would not want to delete at that level as it would delete the entire series.  Instead, if you are on the episode detail page, there should be a delete button there (if you have that privilege).

Sounds like you are asking for this:

Delete after watching

tvinhas

@@ebr, that was the screen that showed when I pressed "Back" from the episode I was watching. Shouldn't it take me to the episode page then, instead of the Show?

FYI - you are on the series screen there so you would not want to delete at that level as it would delete the entire series.  Instead, if you are on the episode detail page, there should be a delete button there (if you have that privilege).

Sounds like you are asking for this:

Delete after watching

tvinhas

@@ebr this looks like a bug. I just checked again on a show that had 2 episodes, and when the show ended, it allowed me to delete (was on the episode's screen). This doesn't happen when you're dealing with a show that has only 1 episode.

@@ebr, that was the screen that showed when I pressed "Back" from the episode I was watching. Shouldn't it take me to the episode page then, instead of the Show?

It goes back to where ever you came from.

@@ebr this looks like a bug. I just checked again on a show that had 2 episodes, and when the show ended, it allowed me to delete (was on the episode's screen). This doesn't happen when you're dealing with a show that has only 1 episode.

Are you sure you were on the Episode detail page both times?