ubuntu issue

williamdosa

williamdosa

Has anyone else come into this issue, every time my home internet goes down, my ubuntu server comes back online but emby server becomes unreachable. So the best way to explain it, is my system will turn off the ssh and close out all the ports, or it will forget how to send to my port for my domain, or this one was the kicker from the other night, it completely forgot how what ip address was assig to it. To be fair this has happened on centos and ubuntu. I'm not entirely sure what is happening,I do have ryzen chip in it but I don't think that would be causing it.AkinatorXender Kik

Edited by williamdosa

mastrmind11

Has anyone else come into this issue, every time my home internet goes down, my ubuntu server comes back online but emby server becomes unreachable. So the best way to explain it, is my system will turn off the ssh and close out all the ports, or it will forget how to send to my port for my domain, or this one was the kicker from the other night, it completely forgot how what ip address was assig to it. To be fair this has happened on centos and ubuntu. I'm not entirely sure what is happening,I do have ryzen chip in it but I don't think that would be causing it.

How do you mean your home internet "goes down"?  Power outage?  Failing network gear?  Why would your server have to come back online if your internet goes down?  Unreachable from where?  Outside your LAN?  Assuming that's the case, it sounds to me like when you lose internet, when your connection is restored you are assigned a new WAN IP address, which would need to then be changed in the emby app on external devices.  If you mean inside your LAN, then it sounds like you do not have a static IP address set up on your server and your server coming back online (assuming power loss?) would potentially have a new IP address assigned to it.  You need to give some more detail.