Live TV using m3u streams

eric859

I have up I think 5 simultaneous connections allowed through an internet streaming service.  I have my main htpc running emby server connected to my main TV.  Throughout my home I have roku, amazon fire tv stick, pc's, tablets and phones.  I'm noticing that when a stream is playing on the emby server if I start another stream on another device, the 1st device stops streaming after a little while.  Does Emby support live tv streams on multiple devices simultaneously?

samuelqwe

Does Emby support live tv streams on multiple devices simultaneously?

Yes, this is supported. Make sure you have set your connections limit properly when you set up the m3u tuner.

I think I did set it up correctly.  I have "Simultaneous stream limit" set to 5 in the m3u tuner.  I'm still dropping the 1st live tv stream when I start a 2nd.  Is there anything else I need to configure?

samuelqwe

I think I did set it up correctly. I have "Simultaneous stream limit" set to 5 in the m3u tuner. I'm still dropping the 1st live tv stream when I start a 2nd. Is there anything else I need to configure?

That should be it. Don’t know why it wouldn’t work, but if you post logs it will be easier to figure what is going on.

pir8radio

I think I did set it up correctly.  I have "Simultaneous stream limit" set to 5 in the m3u tuner.  I'm still dropping the 1st live tv stream when I start a 2nd.  Is there anything else I need to configure?

sure sounds like your service limits to one stream.   My service has a 5 stream limit, and i can reach the 5.