Trouble using remote control feature

sfatula

sfatula

So, I was out of town most of the last 2 months, and, I noticed a lot of issues with remote control feature. I have an iPad I connect to TVs when out of town. I control the emby playback via emby on an iPhone. I am remotely securely connected to one of my 2 emby servers, not via vpn. So, what happens is this, I get into the remote control function on the iPhone, all works great. Now, the phone screen goes off while I am watching since it times out to save battery when not in use, no need to keep it on. So, commercials come, and, I get the display back on, and, none of the remote functions work. I figured it might be related to being out of town.

Today I got back home, went into my theater room, and, was watching a football game recorded earlier today. Tried the same thing, phone display timed out and turned off. Commercial came, got display back on, and, it didn't work locally either. In fact, it ended up thinking it was connected to my other server, and therefore couldn't even see the client. I had to go into select server, pick the machine with the recording, and then I could see it again and skip the remaining commercials.

Remote control is not working very well at least on IOS. 

Hi, what's happening here is that a lot of this is being managed in the foreground of the app, so when you move the app to the background iOS pauses it, and that may cause this problem with remote control.

It is something we plan to improve in a future update. Thanks !