FireTv Stick crashes EVERY TIME TV Guide

pir8radio

pir8radio

Everytime I open the live tv guide, after about 3 seconds the app crashes to the home screen... On FireTv stick (too many channels 1020 or so)?     I see someone with a firetv watching live tv right now... so it might just be an issue with the stick?

ATV app version 1.6.50a

Server version 3.6.0.57

Sent client logs at 7.55 CST

Edited by pir8radio

Me and all my users have the same issue. I just sent logs right now. The local username for the account is firestick01.

Seems to be if you try and scroll to quick after going into the guide, it crashes out. But if you leave for maybe 30 or so seconds and then scroll, it works fine. I just wait for the image to load (by the description) at the top first before scrolling.

pir8radio

any good word on this issue?    I tried waiting the 30 seconds, and it does work then...    but if you touch the remote any time before that crashes...

I cannot find your app log.  In the future with these please provide all the information requested.

But, have you tried the beta of the app?

pir8radio

I cannot find your app log.  In the future with these please provide all the information requested.

But, have you tried the beta of the app?

no

pir8radio

1st gen stick?

Is it also painfully slow moving around in the "All" movies or shows views?

Uhhh.... lol I just broke it out of my desk drawer the other day...  I recall the regular firetv home page laggy...   But i dont know if its a first gen...  ill look when i get home.

pir8radio

1st gen stick?

Is it also painfully slow moving around in the "All" movies or shows views?

Yes first gen,  all movies is fine not laggy..    Don't say "thats why" lol, obviously people still use them..  :)   Maybe i should look into another one...  So is this a gen1 issue?  Someone else saw the crashing guide issue, also gen 1?

Edited by pir8radio

Most of my users are on 2nd Gen, I just sent a log at 9:30pm CST from a 2nd Gen stick. As soon as I try to scroll, it crashes and takes me back to the Firestick home screen. Attached is also my server log. The user on the local server is firestick01.

Let me know if you need more info.

Edited by arche

Yes first gen,  all movies is fine not laggy..   

Okay, this is surprising.

Can you fill me in on all the details for that view?  What specific settings are enabled on it, how many items, etc.

Thanks.

Most of my users are on 2nd Gen, I just sent a log at 9:30pm CST from a 2nd Gen stick. As soon as I try to scroll, it crashes and takes me back to the Firestick home screen. Attached is also my server log. The user on the local server is firestick01.

Let me know if you need more info.

Something with the guide display is taking too long.  I'm not sure what yet but, if you start jamming buttons while that is happening, the system will shut the app down.

Okay, this is surprising.

Can you fill me in on all the details for that view?  What specific settings are enabled on it, how many items, etc.

Thanks.

Never mind on this as I know the difference for you is most likely that you are not sorted by Name.

Thx.

Something with the guide display is taking too long.  I'm not sure what yet but, if you start jamming buttons while that is happening, the system will shut the app down.

I'm most of the time not a click happy person, but with the last version (non-beta), it would load the guide and I could start scrolling down. This version, I have to wait for a bit for the image of the first station to load (in the description area) before I can scroll without crashing. Going to try uninstalling completely and reinstalling emby on the firestick to see if that helps. I have tried clearing the cache and data, but that didn't help.