Android TV only 12 hours of guide ....

nyplayer

nyplayer

I am only getting 12 hours of guide data when I scroll to the right on my Shield....  In windows etc ... I get more. I have the Server set for 14 days.

Edited by nyplayer

Hi.  If you want to go further, use the button at the top of the guide and choose the time period you wish to see.

Thanks.

nyplayer

Hi.  If you want to go further, use the button at the top of the guide and choose the time period you wish to see.

Thanks.

That is not good not going to work in my household disappointed that more guide data is not displayed. It is unusable with only 12 hours of guide data being displayed .. This is a step backwards.

Edited by nyplayer

How is that "unusable"?

Most of the time,  you probably want to see what is playing within the next few hours.

Other times, you probably know when you want to be looking and can quickly navigate to the proper time period.

It isn't really any different on the other platforms - just that they may show 24 hours before you need to select a different time period.

nyplayer

How is that "unusable"?

Most of the time,  you probably want to see what is playing within the next few hours.

Other times, you probably know when you want to be looking and can quickly navigate to the proper time period.

It isn't really any different on the other platforms - just that they may show 24 hours before you need to select a different time period.

That is not good at all I woke up at 6:00 this morning to setup some Prime shows because no one in my household could not find Prime time shows because there was no guide data... sorry cannot not use it with only 12 hours of guide data. If this is going to be the norm will look elsewhere.

Edited by nyplayer

You don't have "only 12 hours of guide data".  All the guide data is still there.  I'm struggling to understand why you cannot use it at all...

Guest asrequested

I agree. Going further in the guide is far easier in Theater and the web app. The dates are prominently on display, you just go up and pick the day and it loads automatically. And they both have 24 hour. In ATV you have to make a whole bunch of button presses, and the icon for the calendar is obscure. Until now, I hadn't realized it was there. It needs to be like the web app.

Edited by Doofus

nyplayer

You don't have "only 12 hours of guide data".  All the guide data is still there.  I'm struggling to understand why you cannot use it at all...

I can use but it is not KID friendly or Senior friendly too many Clicks … It is cumbersome for even me to use and I am tech savvy. I canvased my household no way they are going to use it this way.

Edited by nyplayer

Guest asrequested

And I just encountered a snaphoo with the date selection. Here's it's AM, the earliest date/time that it shows is Today at 12PM. So when I come back to that, and the guide loads, it starts at 12PM and I can't go back to an earlier time. I have to get out of the guide and come back. I gotta say, I don't like how that all works. It feels like I'm solving a puzzle. It is not intuitive. 

sargenthp

Are you paying for the subscription to Emby? There is an option to show more days (up to 14) under the DVR option. It will work as long as your TV guide provider will also support that time period as well.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

nyplayer

Are you paying for the subscription to Emby? There is an option to show more days (up to 14) under the DVR option. It will work as long as your TV guide provider will also support that time period as well.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Yes and that is not the Problem … the problem is with the updates to the Android TV app that only shows 12 hours of guide data when you scroll right.  You have to go trough all sorts of gyrations to see additional gide data not worth the effort.

Edited by nyplayer

TylerV76

Just found this out myself today. Tried to check prime-time shows and couldn't figure out how to get to the time slots. This is a pretty terrible idea. I don't remember it always being this way. Its manageable to but not very practical.

nyplayer

Just found this out myself today. Tried to check prime-time shows and couldn't figure out how to get to the time slots. This is a pretty terrible idea. I don't remember it always being this way. Its manageable to but not very practical.

One of the reasons I chose EMBY was because of the Grid Guide and being able to choose how many days are displayed … the way it is now it is definitely a non-starter.

Edited by nyplayer

If we can make it perform well, I can look at possibly increasing the amount of hours you can scroll directly to at any one time but if it were, say, 6:00 am when you opened the guide it takes exactly 4 clicks to get to prime time.  5 to get to tomorrow, 6 the next day, etc.

That is much quicker and easier than attempting to continuously scroll to those spots IMO.

nyplayer

If we can make it perform well, I can look at possibly increasing the amount of hours you can scroll directly to at any one time but if it were, say, 6:00 am when you opened the guide it takes exactly 4 clicks to get to prime time.  5 to get to tomorrow, 6 the next day, etc.

That is much quicker and easier than attempting to continuously scroll to those spots IMO.

I switched over to KODI with the HDHomeRun DVR Unofficial Plugin and it is really fast I just hold down the right arrow and it keeps scrolling why can't this APP act the same way. When I first used the Android TV app I had no problem with 14 days of guide data. With each release things are being taken away... I no longer care to try and keep up with changes to EMBY that makes it less user friendly … Many thanks but I am in the process of moving on.

Edited by nyplayer

Guest asrequested

It's things like this that make it impossible for me to use ATV as my 'go to' device. 1001 clicks to do everything.

Edited by Doofus

TylerV76

I would think 24 hours would be enough but was there a reason it was limited in the first place? I used to be able to scroll as far as I wanted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

... if it were, say, 6:00 am when you opened the guide it takes exactly 4 clicks to get to prime time.  5 to get to tomorrow, ...

It's things like this that make it impossible for me to use ATV as my 'go to' device. 1001 clicks to do everything.

:huh:

Guest asrequested

Well yes, I'm exaggerating, but the difference between ATV and Theater for this, is pretty big. With the dates across the top, you don't even have to press ok/select. As soon as the date is highlighted, it loads the data. There's no routing around through obscure icons.

Well yes, I'm exaggerating, but the difference between ATV and Theater for this, is pretty big. With the dates across the top, you don't even have to press ok/select. As soon as the date is highlighted, it loads the data. There's no routing around through obscure icons.

IMO 90%+ of the time you are on this screen you want to see what is on right now or very soon.  Therefore, I don't think its a great idea to waste valuable display space on the day buttons that you won't use the vast majority of times you are in the screen.

In the web, that isn't nearly as big of a deal because we can show more at once with the close-up format and scrolling is much easier (navigation isn't purely linear).

Guest asrequested

I was under the impression that everything was eventually supposed to be the same as the web app. Symmetry through all apps using the web app as the template. Is that not the plan, anymore?

I was under the impression that everything was eventually supposed to be the same as the web app. Symmetry through all apps using the web app as the template. Is that not the plan, anymore?

No not that literally.  Different form factors sometimes require different layouts and designs.

• Like 1

TylerV76

IMO 90%+ of the time you are on this screen you want to see what is on right now or very soon.  Therefore, I don't think its a great idea to waste valuable display space on the day buttons that you won't use the vast majority of times you are in the screen.

In the web, that isn't nearly as big of a deal because we can show more at once with the close-up format and scrolling is much easier (navigation isn't purely linear).

Im the complete opposite. the majority of times I use the guide is to schedule shows in the future or see what's on later that night. 

Spaceboy

The other problem is that the live tv programs tab is slightly less use than a punch in the face when it comes to finding and scheduling future recordings. Reported many times, no action taken