Emby on 2018 SMART TV Europe

IceBoosteR

IceBoosteR

Hi everyone,

I have purchased an Samsung 2018 model (NU8009 which is NU8000 in other regions) and I want to install Emby. emby is still not available in Europe/Germany and I want to change now my region on that TV. I have done it with my previous 2 TVs but I am unable to find any guide for the 2018 series. Is there any special trick?

Any help would be appreciated.

-Ice

FrostByte

What part exactly is causing the problem?  Is it the remote, or menus options?  I just tried on my 2018 and was able to change my region using the below instructions with my OneRemote

Change source to TV (I don't think all the options show up unless set to this)

Click on the Home/SmartHub button

Navigate to and select Settings (the gear icon)

Click on General

Click on Start Setup

Choose language

Click on Reset settings

When you get to the SmartHub Terms and Conditions screen click the following on your OneRemote

Mute+VolUp+ChUp+Mute

A list of regions should appear after a few seconds

I'll update the pinned post here for 2018

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 3

IceBoosteR

Hi,

thanks for your help. It is a littlebit different, as the SMART HUB terms and conditions are not explicitly shown. You must move to the oveall terms and conditions andchange then the region with the instructions you have posted.

Awesome.

But in the next step I had to login with my Samsung profile and I am unable to donwload the app...

Newest software is installed.

Edit: Downloaded another app, then I was able to install Emby :)

Cheers,

Ice

Edited by IceBoosteR
  • Like 1

I just tried on my 2018 and was able to change my region using the below instructions with my OneRemote

I'll update the pinned post here for 2018

Thank you, these instruction are clear than the others I found here.  My German TV now thinks it is British :-D  

• Like 1

FrostByte

Thank you, these instruction are clear than the others I found here.  My German TV now thinks it is British :-D  

Great, I just added a new section for 2018 in the pinned post.  Instructions are all similar, but the SmartHub and remotes change every year and without actually having a TV from each year the instructions may be a little off

Hopefully the app will be world-wide soon and everyone can set their TVs back

• Like 3