Music Videos Playing as Music Files in 1.6.5

solidus28
Go to solution Solved by solidus28,

solidus28

Wanted to report what I believe may be a bug in the latest version.  I have a folder of Music Videos that are ~90% MP4 files, 100% video files.  I have my library setup as "ArtistName Videos/ArtnstName - SongTitle.mp4".

I haven't gotten all my metadata in order for my Music Videos, so I had previously set this library as "Home Videos" as it would display the folder name on each of the top level Artist folders, Music Videos doesn't handle this as well.  After upgrading to 1.6.50 on my Shield, I discovered that if I tried the "Play All" or "Shuffle All" options from the home screen on my Music Videos folder, it would treat them as music files, not videos.  I'd get just a static image and the typical music player controls.  It would play the audio, but no longer would play the actual music videos.

Just to test, I deleted that Library and recreated it as a "Music Videos" type, but same issue.  So, it appears to me that the Shuffle All & Play All options are not recognizing these are videos, at least for the Home Videos and Music Videos library types.  If I drill down to the actual video, they play without issue.

I didn't submit a log, hoping this is straightforward enough and repeatable, but if you need more data, just let me know.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...