Google Smart Lock

reneboulard

reneboulard

Since my server is available on the internet, I use strong password. It is a real pain to enter the user name and password each time with Android tv.

Is it possible to use Google Smart Lock with the Android tv app. If so, how do I activate it. If not, I will make a feature request.

Thank.

mastrmind11

Since my server is available on the internet, I use strong password. It is a real pain to enter the user name and password each time with Android tv.

Is it possible to use Google Smart Lock with the Android tv app. If so, how do I activate it. If not, I will make a feature request.

Thank.

are you logging in from your LAN or from the WAN?

reneboulard

Actually both,

The user name do not show up on the logging screen. The users name and passwords use special characters, most difficult to enter using the Android tv keyboard. Each users have different access, i.e. the kids only kids show and they cannot delete, adults have access to all and can delete. So I need to easely switch between users and use strong password for security on internet. SSL is activated.

On a local server without access to Internet, I would not worry much about it. But, with the server been accessible from the internet, minimal security care should be taken.

Hope this help.

Hi.  I mentioned this in your feature request topic but I don't think smart lock is going to make this easier for you.

We do have an "Easy PIN" feature for use on devices in-network and the app already allows you to set an auto login so you don't have to re-enter the password.