Reorder channels from HDHomeRun

simonselmer

simonselmer

Hi

I appoligize of this has already been answered. 

I'm setting up Emby Live TV directly from my HDHomeRun Extended, only importing the channels marked as "favorites" in HDHomeRun.

But the channel order is a mess, and I can see some discussion around that.

I see people mention a M3U file that perhaps can fix this. Sounds like manual work, but that's oki. But I dont seem to find any post actually explain how to get that M3U file created or where to edit it. I cannot find it.

Can anyone explain to me how to configure re-ordering the channels?

Other question, I see there is also a MediaPortal Thread. I'm new to Emby, so can I also ask here, what is the connection between Emby and MediaPortal? What does people user Mediaportal for in connection to Emby?  
I have used MediaPortal for 6 years now for my HTPC, so I'm curious :)

Spaceboy

Mediaportal can be used as a live tv backend for tv cards not supported by emby

Me I use mediaportal to provide the streaming urls which I have built into emby in a self constructed m3u. It works brilliantly but it was a lot of effort to set up

simonselmer

Thank you for the info on MediaPortal. So I guess since I do have a TV tuner that are supported by Emby, there are no benefits for me in using Madiaportal.

But is there any way for me to change the order of the channels in Emby (delivered from HDHomeRun)?

Easy go to metadata manager and go to live tv and in sort order you type a number. In Australia there are not many channels so it was easy to do.

Edited by denz
  • Like 1

Easy go to metadata manager and go to live tv and in sort order you type a number. In Australia there are not many channels so it was easy to do.

Do you have some step by step instructions on doing this please?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk